Impala Platinum Holdings is calling on hardworking and talented graduates to send in their application and qualify for its Bursary Programme offering for the 2020 financial year. Discover more about this company and its current bursary programme below.
Impala Platinum Holdings, also known as Implats, is a holding company that owns and operates several mining companies involved in the production platinum, nickel, cobalt and copper. The Impala mine, the company’s most important mine, operates in the North Western region of South Africa.
Implats also operates and holds an interest in the Marula mines and the Two Rivers mine in the Bushveld Igneous Complex in South Africa. There are also the Zimplats mine and Mimosa mines in Zimbabwe. The Impala Refining Services provides smelting and refining services to other companies.
Currently, Implats employs more than a 50,000-strong workforce and boasts a production of refined PGM at 3.07 million oz. In 2019, the company reported earnings amounting to R48.6 billion.
Impala Platinum Bursary Programme
Beneficiaries of the Impala Platinum Bursary Programme will have access to the following:
- Registration and tuition fee coverage
- Coverage of board and lodging expenses
- Allowance for the personal computer during the second year of studies
- Cash allowance
Bursars must agree to work for the company equivalent to the duration of their bursary coverage. In addition, bursars are also under an agreement to render vacation work at the end of the each year of bursary coverage.
Students pursuing any of the following fields of study are eligible to apply for bursary support:
- Chemical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy current)
- Chemistry (to honours level)
- Accounting (to honours level)
- Geology (to honours level)
- BCom Human Resources (to honours level)
Who should apply?
Applicants must possess the following behavioral/skills competencies to qualify for consideration:
- Must have obtained at least 60% in Maths, English and Science
- Capable of delivering results even under pressure
- A potential leader who is able to work well within a team
- Has solid problem solving skills
- Employs common sense effectively
- Capable of forming sound decisions
- Highly motivated
- Has good communication skills
How do I apply?
Applicants who meet the minimum criteria and would like to apply for bursary support will need to download and fill out the bursary application form.
Complete the application form and attach the required supporting documents and send it to:
PO Box 5683
The deadline for submission of applications is on 31 March 2020. Late submissions will not be reviewed.
For enquiries about the bursary programme contact the company’s Bursary Department at +27 14 569 0088 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view a PDF copy of the Impala Platinum Bursary Programme 2020 advert.