Investec South Africa is currently pooling eligible candidates who are interested in qualifying for its CSI Bursary Programme for the 2020-2021 school year. Read on below to find out if you are eligible for bursary support.
Founded as a small financing and leasing company in 1972 in Johannesburg, Investec is now a global company offering a number of financial products and services to its major markets in the UK and Europe, Asia-Pacific and Southern Africa.
Investec has about 8,200 employees worldwide and is an awardee of Global Brands Magazine’s Most Trusted Asset Management Brand, South Africa in 2016.
Investec SA CSI Bursary Programme 2021
Investec SA’s CSI Bursary Programme is offered to students pursuing careers highly relevant to the financial sector. Full cost bursary coverage is made available to full-time students taking up an undergraduate degree in any of the following:
- Business Science
- Commerce (e.g. Accounting, Economics, Business Economics, Investments and Finance)
- Commercial LLB
- BIT-Bachelor in Information Technology
- BCom Informatics
- BSc in Computer Science
- BIS – Bachelor in Information Science
- Science and Mathematics
List of universities participating in the bursary programme
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- University of Cape Town
- University of the Free State
- Rhodes University
Who should apply?
Candidates who satisfy these initial minimum requirements are eligible to apply for bursary assistance:
- Must be in Grade 12 or 1st year of undergraduate studies pursuing any of the aforementioned fields of study
- Must be able to gain admission into any of the participating universities
- Students with academic potential and in need of financial support to further their studies
- Must hold or currently studying to complete a matric exemption and have obtained at least 70% in Mathematics (not Maths Literacy) and English and nothing lower than the 50% pass rate in any other subjects
What is the selection process?
The selection of beneficiaries is always based on financial need and academic performance of the applicants.
How do I apply?
Prepare the following support documents (certified copies, if applicable) for uploading during the application process:
- Valid South African ID
- June 2020 results, or latest result if not currently in school
- For university students, NSC or official matric results
- If employed, parents’ or guardian’s payslip or letter from employer or tax returns indicating income
- If parents are self-employed, most recent financial statement
- For unemployed parents – sworn affidavit stating as such
- Death certificates if parents are deceased
This bursary programme is managed by StudyTrust, a separate company. If you meet the minimum requisites and would like to apply, follow the instructions below:
For qualified Grade 12 students applying for bursary coverage for their 1st year of studies, click here.
For qualified first-year university students applying for bursary support, click here.
Applicants who don’t have ready access to the internet, download the application form here.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 30 September 2020.
For enquiries, contact Investec directly by sending an email to:
Click here to view a PDF copy of the Investec SA CSI Bursary Programme 2021 advert.