Investec South Africa is calling on interested parties to submit their applications and possibly qualify for its IT Bursary programme for the 2020 financial year.
Founded as a small financing and leasing company in 1972 in Johannesburg, Investtec in now a global company offering a number of financial products and services to its major markets in the UK and Europe, Asia-Pacific and Southern Africa.
Investec has about 8,200 employees worldwide and is an awardee of Global Brands Magazine’s Most Trusted Asset Management Brand, South Africa in 2016.
Investec South Africa IT Scholarship Programme 2020
Investec’s IT Scholarship Programme awards financial assistance to exceptional undergraduate and honours students pursuing IT or Technology related areas of study. The scholarship programme also offers beneficiaries to join the company, gaining experience from a tech company like Investec while studying.
An experienced mentor will be guiding the beneficiaries as they participate in Investec’s graduate and work readiness programmes by the time their qualification is completed.
Second year and honours students pursuing their qualification towards the following Bachelor degrees are eligible to apply:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Computer Engineering or Business Computing
- Bachelor of Commerce in Information Systems or Informatics
- Bachelor of Business Science in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Data Science
- All related Engineering and IT degrees
Who should apply?
To qualify, applicants must meet the following minimum:
- Must be an honours or second year student taking up any of the aforementioned courses
- Amenable to take part in the company’s graduate programme
- Must have obtained at least a 70% average in their year-end result
- Creative, ambitious and academically talented
- A South African citizen
View the Investec IT Scholarship Programme 2020 by clicking the link.
What is the selection process?
Candidate selection in this scholarship programme is based on merit and not financial incapacity to study.
How do I apply?
Accomplish the application completely and make sure all supporting documents listed below are attached accordingly:
- Up to date CV
- Matric certificate
- Full university academic transcript
- Clear copy of valid ID
- Your most recent photograph
Click here to start the application process.
Deadline for submission of applications is on 30 September 2019.
Due to the high volume of applications, make sure to apply before the deadline. The programme does not accept late applications.
Should you have any further questions about the programme, get in touch with Investec via:
Phone: +27 (0)11 286 9978