Inkomati-Usuthu CMA is announcing the opening of its External Bursary Programme to highly deserving and qualified students for the 2020 academic year.
The Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency functions to supply sufficient, quality and equitable water within its area of jurisdiction. Its decision-making authority and mandated functions come from the 1998 National Water Act and are as follows:
- Promote the protection, conservation, use, management, control and conservation of Mpumalanga’s water resources
- Establish a catchment management plan
- Facilitate relevant activities of water management institutions and water users
- Promote coordination of development plans
- Involve the community in the development, protection, conservation and management of water resources within its jurisdiction
- Prevent and correct the effects of pollution
IUCMA External Bursary Programme
The Inkomati-Usuthu CMA Bursary Programme is offered to students who are South African by birth and are planning to or already pursuing an undergraduate degree or national diploma in a recognized SA higher education institution.
Who should apply?
Listed below are minimum requirements the applicants must meet to become eligible for consideration:
- A student pursuing or currently pursuing a prescribed field of study at a South African higher education institution
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must be a South African student by birth
- Must be willing to comply with the conditions contained in the bursary agreement
How do I apply?
Candidates who meet the initial requirements will need to download the bursary application form and send it along with the supporting documents listed below:
- Copy of Identity document
- Copy of academic results
- Copy of certificate of qualifications
- Proof of family income or affidavit of unemployment (parents)
- Research proposals (if any)
- Letter of admission coming from university/institution
Download the IUCMA External Bursary Programme 2020 application form by clicking the link.
Submit your fully accomplished application form along with all the required supporting documents to:
Chief Executive Officer
Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency
Private Bag X11214
Attn: Human Resources
The deadline for submission of applications is on 17 January 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
For additional information about this bursary programme, get in touch directly with the IUCMA using the information below:
Mr. T Nkosi or Mr. CS Sewela
Tel: 013 753 9000