The Rock Art Research Institute (RARI) at the University of the Witwatersrand is inviting suitable graduates to submit their applications and qualify for its Academic Internship Programme intake for 2022. If interested, make sure that you review the minimum eligibility criteria and job description of the role before applying.
The University of Witwatersrand in Johannesburg is a public research university in South Africa. Commonly called Wits University or simply just Wits, the university is situated in the northern part of central Johannesburg. Similar to Witwatersrand and Johannesburg, UW gets its roots in the mining industry. It started as the South African School Mines in 1896 and is the third oldest university in South Africa in continuous operation.
iWits Academic Internship 2022
The successful candidate will be part of RARI, a department within the School of Geography, Archaeology and Environmental Studies at Wits. Teaching African rock arts and world hunter-gatherer studies to postgraduate and undergraduate students, the Institute has developed into a leading organization focused on the discovery of the rich culture of South Africa and the African continent.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide assistance to the teaching staff with tutorials, practice, and lectures to be able to conduct their own lectures
- Support the academic aspect of RARI’s digital archive
- Perform or provide assistance with novel fieldwork
- Come up with publications for recognized journals
Who should apply?
You should be able to satisfy these minimum eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Holds a BSc or BA Honours in Anthropology, Archeology, or an equivalent degree
- Possesses some work-related background
- Knowledgeable in southern African rock art and archeology
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Holds a valid driver’s license
Note: There are two (2) slots to fill and this internship will run for three years (3).
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need register their profile on the University’s online recruitment platform. Click the link below to get started:
The deadline for submission of applications is on 17 June 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will receive feedback about the application.
For enquiries, call Wits directly at +27 11 717 1000.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the iWits Academic Internship 2022 advert page.
If this internship is no longer available, please do not make any queries. You may want to view our other graduate internship listings that are currently accepting applications.
Don’t miss out on the latest graduate programmes updates. Like us on Facebook and follow @GoCareersSA for more information OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.