The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Witwatersrand is looking for highly suitable graduates to submit an application and qualify for placement in its Data Internship Programme for 2022. Kindly review the minimum eligibility and other important details below before applying.
The University of Witwatersrand in Johannesburg is a public research university in South Africa. Commonly called Wits University or simply just Wits, the university is situated in the northern part of central Johannesburg. Similar to Witwatersrand and Johannesburg, UW gets its roots from the mining industry. It started as the South African School Mines in 1896 and is the third oldest university in South Africa in continuous operation.
iWits Data Internship 2022
The successful candidates will be part of the MRC/Wits Agincourt Unit to gain knowledge and provide assistance with the development, management, and maintenance of the Unit’s data system. This data system supports a population and health data resource developed in cooperation with international scientists the Agincourt sub-district. As Data Management Interns, the successful candidates’ duties and responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with members of the MRC/Wits Agincourt Unit in finding solutions to some of the most challenging health and developmental issues in the region and that of South Africa
- Take part in the advancement of data entry tools, data extraction, analysis, and quality control
The internship role is based in Bushbuckridge, Mpumalanga for a period of six (6) to twelve months with an option for an extension depending on the performance of the selected candidates.
Who should apply?
To qualify, applicants must satisfy the role’s minimum eligibility requirements:
- Holds a higher diploma or tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Data Science, Biostatistics, Statistics, or either Epidemiology, Demography, or any relevant studies
- Preferably with basic proficiency in MS Access, Excel, MS SQL Server, as well as NET or any relevant programming language
How do I apply?
- A single-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the role as well as interests
- A comprehensive CV indicating three (3) referees with active contact information
- Certified copies of academic transcript, qualifications, South African ID, and valid driver’s license
Make sure your email’s subject heading must read AGIN_002_Intern and the name of the position you’re applying for.
Applications will be accepted until the deadline, 23 March 2022.
Incomplete and non-compliant applications will not be accepted.
Send any enquiries about this internship opportunity to Nadia.Boomgaard@witshealth.co.za.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the iWits Data Internship 2022 advert page.
If this internship has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internships open for application.