The Family Medicine and Primary Care department of the University of the Witwatersrand is inviting suitable graduates to submit their applications and qualify for its Instructional Design Internship opportunity for 2022. If interested, make sure that you review the minimum eligibility criteria and job description of the role before applying.
The University of Witwatersrand in Johannesburg is a public research university in South Africa. Commonly called Wits University or simply just Wits, the university is situated in the northern part of central Johannesburg. Similar to Witwatersrand and Johannesburg, UW gets its roots in the mining industry. It started as the South African School Mines in 1896 and is the third oldest university in South Africa in continuous operation.
iWits Instructional Design Internship 2022
As an Instructional Design Intern, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to establish a career as Blended Learning Adviser or Learning Designer. The role involves a lot of hands-on experience on tasks focused on the Higher Education sector as well as Learning Design.
This paid internship allows the incumbent to acquire real-world work experience performing a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Structuring and developing learning materials together with subject matter experts
- Designing learning materials utilizing various software
- Analyzing learning materials to ensure accuracy and user-friendliness
- Creating storyboard content
- Designing graphics (for learning content)
- Study feedback on the review course evaluation for content improvement
- Design graphics, screen recordings, or simple animations for learning content
- Perform content quality control on LMS prior to release
- Create offline learning guides
- Proofread content
- Carry out administrative tasks as required
Who should apply?
To qualify for the role, applicants need to meet the following minimum eligibility criteria and skills requirements:
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, or Education (with a Virtual Arts subject or experience in graphic arts)
- Passionate about learning design
- Work experience not a requirement
- Strong attention to detail
- Preferably with HTML5, Photoshop, or any graphic design software
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates are required to register their profile on the iWits recruitment page in order to apply. Click the link below to get started:
Note: Be ready to submit an updated CV (include 3 referees names, email, contact number, and addresses), and a cover letter indicating the role being applied for.
Job code: IRC87057
The deadline for submission of applications is on 17 June 2022.
For general enquiries, contact Wits directly at +27 (0)11 717-1000.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the iWits Instructional Design Internship 2022 advert page.
Please do not post queries if this internship is no longer available. You can view our other graduate internship, learnership, and trainee programme listings that are currently accepting applications.
Don’t miss out on the latest graduate programmes updates. Like us on Facebook and follow @GoCareersSA for more information OR leave a comment below for further inquiries