JCDecaux is pleased to announce the opening of its Project Administration Internship Programm for 2020 and is inviting all interested individuals to come to its career’s page and apply accordingly.
Paris-based JCDegaux Group is an international corporation popular for coming up with bus stop advertising, public bicycle rentals, billboards and street furniture. As the largest outdoor advertising company in the world, JCDecaux currently has over 13,000 employees working in over 75 countries all over the world.
In 1955, Jean-Claude Decaux founded a company that specializes in outdoor advertising along with motorways and were taxed heavily by the state. This lead Decaux to develop the idea of advertising street furniture. From there, JCDecaux went on to further develop and offer various types of street furniture. These include bus shelters, City Information Panels, Morris Columns and kiosks.
JCDecaux Engineering Technician Internship Programme
The Engineering Technician Intern will be responsible for the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Managing and scheduling inspections, subsequent repairs and uploading reports and documentation on advertising structures
- Conduct diligent inspections as well as structural analysis of advertising structures deployed in the field backed up with detailed reports stating the current condition and repairs needed
- Study original design engineer calculations to ensure the designs are compliant with existing standards
- Supervise remedial works to be carried out on advertising structures
- Provide on-the-ground support and management of new advertising structures in various African markets
- Exhibit a clear and thorough understanding and application of current health and safety standards
Who should apply?
The following minimum eligibility will need to be satisfied in order to qualify for consideration:
- Must be a student currently pursuing a Civil Engineering qualification or
- Currently working as a building technician
- Has a good grasp of structural steel as well as reinforced concrete structures
- Possess a good understanding of construction techniques
- Knowledge of quantity surveying is a definite plus
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knows how to use AutoCAD
- Possesses a valid South African driver’s license and passport
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum qualifications, click here to access the JCDecaux Engineering Technician Internship Programm application page. Once you are there, scroll to the bottom of the page, then click on the “Apply” button.
Be sure to ready the following:
- Comprehensive and up to date CV (must be in docx, pdf, rtf, doc, gift form)
- Cover letter (must be in jpg, gif, pdf, ong or doc format and does not exceed 1 mb)
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
Should you have further questions about this internship opportunity, use the details below:
Talent and Acquisition Officer
+27 11 514 1552
+27 11 514 1400
Click on the link to pull up the JCDecaux Engineerng Internship Programme 2020 advert.