About Johannesburg Roads Agency (JRA)
The Johannesburg Roads Agency was established by the City of Johannesburg on 1 January 2001. Their primary operations include design, planning, construction, control, rehabilitation, maintenance of roads and the maintenance of stormwater infrastructure in Johannesburg. Their main responsibilities are constructing and maintaining culverts, bridges, traffic signals, footways, traffic signal systems, road markings and road signs.
The company is committed to giving back to its community and hence is offering internships as a part of their talent acquisition and management as well as learning and development initiatives.
Johannesburg Roads Agency (JRA) Internship programme 2022
The Johannesburg Roads Agency (JRA) Internship programme 2022 has been introduced to offer ample learning opportunities to graduates who are unemployed in order for them to gain experience and skills in various areas of learning. The internship programme is a 12-month programme.
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree or a National Diploma relevant qualification in one of the following fields:
- Income and Assets
- Expenditure & Liabilities
- Marketing Management/Communications
- Supply Chain Management & Logistics
- Risk Management
- Internal Audit
- Contracts Management
- Human Capital Management
- Corporate Finance
- Employee Relations
- Facilities Management
- Human Capital Development
- Environmental Management
- Total Quality Management
- Intelligent Transport Systems
- Traffic Engineering
- Materials Laboratory Services
- Legal Services
- Information Technology
- Business Performance Management
- Road Assets Management Systems
- Planning – Roads & Stormwater
- Roads and Stormwater Planning
- Development Control (Private/Public)
- Asphalt Plant
- Regional Operations
The Johannesburg Roads Agency (JRA) Internship programme 2022 offers the following to all eligible interns:
- A 12-month Internship will be provided.
- A monthly stipend will be paid throughout the Internship programme.
Who should apply?
Applicants need to satisfy the following minimum eligibility requirements to apply:
- Applicants must have a Bachelors’ Degree or National Diploma relevant qualification in one of the fields mentioned above to be considered.
- Applicants do not have to be of a particular race, color, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, protected status, or have a disability in order to be eligible to apply. All applicants will have equal chances.
How do I apply?
Applicants can send their applications and required documentation to the respective email ID’s that match your field of study and internship.
Do not forget to state the reference number for your field of study in the subject of the email application.
These are some crucial points to keep in mind while applying and after application submission as well:
- If you are not contacted within 30 days of the closing date, you must understand that your application was not successful.
- The right not to appoint an applicant is reserved by the Johannesburg Roads Agency (JRA).
- When submitting your application, you must acknowledge that the information provided by you in the application is required for the purpose of adjudicating and processing your internship application.
- You must also acknowledge the fact that the information provided in your application might be processed and archived by the Johannesburg Roads Agency (JRA).
- If you fail to submit all the required documents listed below, your application will not be considered or processed.
- Ensure that you meet the minimum eligibility requirements mentioned above to be considered for the Johannesburg Roads Agency (JRA) Internship programme 2022.
- Candidates who are selected for the internship programme will be required to enter into an official contract with the Johannesburg Roads Agency (JRA).
Kindly keep the following documents ready and submit them along with the email application:
- A copy of a certified ID document
- The applicants’ Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A cover letter
- Copy of the applicants’ Matric Certificate
- Copy of the applicants’ degree certificate along with their academic transcripts.
The deadline for submission of application is 28 January 2022. Make sure that you submit all of the required documents along with the email application before the deadline.
If you have any questions or concerns with respect to the application process or eligibility requirements, you can contact the internship providers at:
Name: Ms Gugu Mavimbela
Tel: 011 298 5243
Name: Mr Raymond Mabala
Tel: 011 298 5185
If this internship has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internships open for application.