Johnson & Johnson, a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest American corporations in terms of revenue, is looking for suitable South African graduates to apply for its Facilities Internship Programme at its Cape Town location.
Established in 1886, Johnson & Johnson is a US-based multinational corporation that develops pharmaceutical products, consumer packaged goods and medical equipment. Its headquarters are in New Brunswick, New Jersey and has about 250 subsidiaries operating in 60 countries. During the 2015 calendar year, the company made $70.1 billion in worldwide sales with J&J products marketed in more than 175 countries.
Johnson & Johnson Facilities Internship 2021
The primary purpose of the Facilities Intern is to drive excellence in store management through effective and practical use of maintenance principles, pushing cost-effective and creative solutions. This is to ensure adherence to compliance requirements and best practices in order to provide high asset reliability.
Duties and responsibilities
- Effectively manage equipment and spares, tools, and maintenance supplies as needed by the Engineering and Facilities groups
- Facilitate deliveries, collections, and issuance of spares to artisans
- Assist the engineering buyer with contacting service providers and vendors regarding supply sources, price challenging, and expediting service deliverables
- Identify stock requirements, replenish stocks, and regular stock-taking
- Follow good practices in stores purchasing and control
- Manage CMMS, engineering maintenance documentation and facilities relevant to stores control
- Work with engineering buyers in acquiring new equipment and machinery on the CMMS system
- Collaborate with safety representatives in maintaining the reliability of all processes, equipment, safety systems, and controls
- Employ data analysis techniques e.g. RCPS, FMECA, and FRACAS
- Make use of value analysis in repairing, replacing, redesigning, and making buying decisions
- Take part in identifying and implementing improvement efforts
- Establish maintenance plans as well as spare parts classification
(Click on the link to the advert below for the complete list of duties and responsibilities.)
Who should apply?
Candidates will need to meet the following minimum qualification requirements to apply:
- Holds a National Diploma or technical certificate
- Knowledgeable in CMMS Documentation Control
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Above average PC and numeracy skills
- Knows how to work with various systems
- Sharp eye for details
- Able to deliver results independently
- Excellent customer service skills
- Methodical, systematic, neat
- Possesses leadership potential
- Adheres to deadlines and targets
- Encourages collaboration and opinion from others
What is the selection process?
Johnson & Johnson strongly adhere to Employment Equity policies and Broad-based Black Economic Empowerment laws when selecting potential candidates.
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to create an account on the company’s jobs portal to apply. Click the link below to start the process.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
Click here for more information about the application process.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Johnson & Johnson Facilities Internship 2021 advert.