Johnson & Johnson, a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest American corporations in terms of revenue, is looking for suitable South African graduates to apply for its Maintenance Internship Programme at its Cape Town location.
Established in 1886, Johnson & Johnson is a US-based multinational corporation that develops pharmaceutical products, consumer packaged goods and medical equipment. Its headquarters are in New Brunswick, New Jersey and has about 250 subsidiaries operating in 60 countries. During the 2015 calendar year, the company made $70.1 billion in worldwide sales with J&J products marketed in more than 175 countries.
Johnson & Johnson Maintenance Internship 2021
As a Maintenance Intern, the primary duties and responsibilities of the position are:
- Control the organization’s CMMS, or Computerised Maintenance Management System including all engineering maintenance documents
- Capture assets for new equipment/machinery on the Maximo system
- Establish PM schedules for plant equipment and machinery
- Keep PM schedules up to date with frequency and content
- Create PM and Calibration schedules
- Synchronize completion of PM schedules
- Analyze breakdowns and implement a permanent fix
- Data analysis
- Work closely with Production on asset performance analysis e.g. overall equipment effectiveness, asset utilization, and asset lifecycle
- Raise job cards in Maximo
- Apply value analysis in identifying, implementing continuous improvement actions
- Serve as technical support for desktop maintenance management
- Insert breakdown job cards in Maximo
Who should apply?
Candidates must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements to apply:
- Holds a technical certificate or diploma
- Knowledgeable in CMMS documentation and control
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid PC and numeracy skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Able to work independently
- Solid customer service skills
- Assertive with leadership potential
- Adheres to targets and deadlines
- Knows how to encourage collaboration from a team on decision-making
- Good working knowledge of CMMS and MS Office
What is the selection process?
Johnson & Johnson strongly adhere to Employment Equity policies and Broad-based Black Economic Empowerment laws when selecting potential candidates.
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to create a profile on J&J’s recruitment platform to be able to apply. Click on the link below to start the process:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
Click here for more information about the application process.
Click the link to view a PDF file of the Johnson & Johnson Maintenance Internship 2021.