Johnson & Johnson, a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest American corporations in terms of revenue, is looking for suitable South African graduates to join its Pharmacist Internship Programme 2022 intake. If you’re interested, be sure to review the responsibilities and the minimum eligibility and aptitude requirements of the role before submitting your application.
About Johnson & Johnson
Established in 1886, Johnson & Johnson is a US-based multinational corporation that develops pharmaceutical products, consumer packaged goods, and medical equipment. Its headquarters are in New Brunswick, New Jersey and has about 250 subsidiaries operating in 60 countries. During the 2015 calendar year, the company made $70.1 billion in worldwide sales with J&J products marketed in more than 175 countries.
Johnson & Johnson Pharmacist Internship 2022
The J&J South Africa Pharmacist Internship role is based in Cape Town, Western Cape and will see the successful candidate performing the following duties and responsibilities for the duration of the internship:
- Provide proper assistance to the production area as needed (e,g, line opening and closing
- Gain full understanding of designated production process (e.g. scientific understanding of processes, production equipment skills within the process, and identifying risks to ensure compliance
- Develop product ownership and GMP documentation in areas concerned
- Determine actions that enhance production processes (e.g. identifying areas for improvement, risk evaluation)
- Ensure processes and procedures (within scope of responsibility) are compliant with Work Instructions, Good Manufacturing Practices, and SOPs
- Conduct in-process checks and line openings in line with company and legislative requirements
- Keep GMP documents up to date (e.g SOP, PPI, WI, PI, etc.) and train accordingly
- Contribute, support, and facilitate improvement of GMP compliance and standards
- Plan roll out of improvement initiatives
- Conduct internal assessments within production areas and establish corrective actions to enhance GMP
Note that this is not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities of the role. Check the advert for a complete rundown.
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must be able to satisfy the role’s minimum eligibility and competency requirements below:
- Holds a B Pharm qualification
- Registered wit the SAPC as a Pharmacist Intern
- Solid planning and administrative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Takes a logical approach to troubleshooting and problem-solving
- High level of business ethics and work standards
- Amenable with shifting work schedules
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile first on J&J’s online recruitment portal to be able apply. Click the link below to get started:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For more information about J&J and its application process, click here.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Johnson & Johnson Pharmacist Internship 2022 advert page.
If this internship is no longer available, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internships that are open for application.