Johnson & Johnson, a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest American corporations in terms of revenue, is looking for suitable South African graduates to apply for its QC Laboratory Trainee Programme at its East London location.
Established in 1886, Johnson & Johnson is a US-based multinational corporation that develops pharmaceutical products, consumer packaged goods and medical equipment. Its headquarters are in New Brunswick, New Jersey and has about 250 subsidiaries operating in 60 countries. During the 2015 calendar year, the company made $70.1 billion in worldwide sales with J&J products marketed in more than 175 countries.
Johnson & Johnson SA QC Laboratory Traineeship Programme
As a QC Laboratory Trainee at J&J South Africa, the successful candidate will gain exposure in performing laboratory routine analysis, following specifications and strict adherence to procedures. In addition, the traineeship programme aims to provide the trainee set skills needed to become a highly flexible and versatile Analyst in any lab environment. The duties and responsibilities of the QC Labortory Trainee are as follows:
- Conduct regular verification of balances, ph and other lab equipment as scheduled by the Lab Analyst
- Learn and adhere to routine work and lab standards
- Must learn how to maintain cleanliness of lab equipment and electrodes and keep them in good working condition
- Know basic equipment troubleshooting and operations
- Ensure any equipment problems and malfunctions are promptly sent to a supervisor
- Keep work areas organized
- Make sure generated documents are vetted and verified
- Effectively manage daily performance monitoring of lab equipment
- Understand and comply with safety, health and environmental policies and GLP
- Make sure all work and experience gained are recorded in Log Book
- Learn and understand the use of Primary and Secondary standards
Who should apply?
Apply if you satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Completed Grade 12 or matric
- Holds a BSc degree or National Diploma in Chemistry
- Has basic knowledge of the Analytical environment
- Able to employ root cause analysis
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Assertive and effective in influencing others
What is the selection process?
Applicants should expect to go through theses application steps:
- The hiring managers, recruiters and even team members will working together during the assessment and interview phase of the application
- Depending on the position, interviews are conducted via phone, video or face to face
- Those who get to go through additional interviews will be notified via email for the schedule and pertinent information about the next steps of the interview process
- If successful, new hires will receive the job offer detailing the terms, benefits and other details of the position
How do I apply?
Qualified and interested parties who would like to apply for this traineeship opportunity will need to set up an account on the J&J careers page.
Click here to get started, or log in if you already have an account.
Use the position’s Requisition ID 6060191001 to quickly locate the Johnson & Johnson QC Lab Trainee 2020 advert.
Click the link to view the Johnson & Johnson SA QC Lab Traineeship Programme advert.
Deadline for submission of applications has not been set as of this writing.
You can reach Johnson & Johnson South Africa at 0860 410 032.