JP Morgan South Africa is inviting qualified individuals to apply for its Global Corporate Banking Analyst Summer Internship intake for 2023. If interested, be sure that you review the minimum eligibility criteria and skills requirements of the role before applying.
About JP Morgan-Chase
In the late 90’s, the JP Morgan and Chase Manhattan Bank merger resulted in one of the largest banks operating in the United States and around the world providing a full range of services including commercial banking, investment banking, retail banking, private banking, asset management, and private equity businesses.
In South Africa, JP Morgan’s Corporate and Investment Bank is one of the leading names in banking, investor, and markets services. With $18 trillion in assets and $393B in deposits, JP Morgan CIB is trusted by the biggest global corporations ang government institutions with:
- Corporate and investment banking
- Strategic advice
- Raising capital
- Risk management
- Extending liquidity in markets
JP Morgan-Chase Global Corporate Banking Analyst Summer Internship 2023
As part of the CIB division, successful candidates will be based in JP Morgan-Chase SA’s Johannesburg offices working closely with clients and senior banker, acquire vital skills, and get an opportunity to grow their professional network. Through GCB, interns will learn a lot about how the financial conglomerate works.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide assistance to GCB bankers overseeing internal aspects of current client relations
- Assist with credit and industry analysis, including financial statement reviews, credit approval and documentation process
- Acquire exposure to strategy, product, or client coverage-based groups
- Prepare internal memos e.g. decision committee memoranda and senior management briefings
- Take active participation in the negotiation and analysis of financing requests in collaboration with product, compliance, legal, and credit teams
- Work closely with country and product teams in identifying and executing client transactions
- Network with industry experts to acquire best-in-class training
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Demonstrated interest in economics and finance is a definite advantage
- Keen interest in Global Corporate Banking
- Excellent project management, research, and analytical skills
- Familiar with fundamental business concepts
- Able to solve problems independently and as part of a team
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and driven to succeed
- Collaborative; willing to be part of a team
- Confident and keen on taking on responsibility and overseeing own project
- Skilled in MS Excel and Word
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Expecting to graduate between January 2023 and August 2024
- Involved in activities and interests outside of school that characterize the applicant
- Adaptable, enthusiastic, and accurate students who can thrive as part of a team
Note that the above is a general description of the nature of work attributed to the role and may not list all the duties and responsibilities, and requisite skills of the position.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile on JP-Morgan Chase’s online recruitment portal. Click the link below to get started:
The deadline for submission of applications is on 28 November 2022.
If you have questions about the Company’s application process, visit its FAQ page to find answers.
1 Fricker Road, Illovo,
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the JP Morgan-Chase Global Corporate Banking Analyst Summer Internship 2023 advert page.