A Journalism Internship Programme opportunity is currently open at Justmoney, which is an affiliate of International Debt Movement.
Justmoney is an online publication that focuses on promoting financial literacy in South Africa. Its editorial team is based in Cape Town and aims to empower its readers to become financially savvy with the help of independent journalism.
Justmoney has been hard at work providing sound financial advice within the last ten years. They strive to inform, guide and educate their readers through complicated financial issues.
Justmoney Journalism Internship Programme
This Journalism Internship Programme runs for a duration of six weeks. The selected intern will join a dedicated team of financial journalists working out of JM’s Cape Town location.
The incumbent will be completing the following tasks for Justmoney, including the parent company during the introductory period:
- Make sure content is current and relevant
- Update content meta descriptions that stays on the Justmoney website
- Provide assistance in SEO tasks as needed
- Create regular content for Justmoney including other partner websites
- Create promotional mailers and newsletters using Leadify
- Provide assistance creating plans for quarterly content
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and weekly news meeting
- Help with drawing up reports
Successful completion of this six-month internship, including meeting certain performance targets, may lead to a permanent position within the Justmoney editorial team.
Requirements or Eligibility
Applicants must satisfy these basic requirements in order to qualify for consideration:
- Completed a degree in Journalism is a plus or any relevant tertiary qualification in the Journalism field
- Although no work experience is required, demonstrated skills and competencies in article writing, blogging and content creation is needed
- Performs even under pressure
- Computer literate
- Good problem solving skills
- Has an interest in financial journalism
- Has a natural skill in creating well-researched, all original articles
- Capable of professional interaction with team members, partners and sources
- Ambitious and can self-manage without supervision
How to Apply
To apply, click on the below link to start the application process. Be sure to prepare the supporting documents shown below:
- Passport, Visa, or South African ID number
- Up-to-date CV
- Passport-size picture
- Academic records
Opening and Closing Date
No deadline for submission has been set as of this writing.
For further questions about the internship programme, call 021 481 1700.
View the job advert by clicking the link below: