Kagiso Media (Pty) Ltd is calling on qualified individuals who would like to submit an appplication and join its Radio and Marketing Internship Programme for 2020.
In October 2008, Kagiso Media (Pty) Ltd was created out of the Kagiso Media Ltd and Urban News Studio merger. Today, it is the largest, black-owned, media organization operating in South Africa. Kagiso Media is involved in new media, specialized publishing, content production, television, radio broadcasting and research.
Kagiso Media has interests in media assets through its several divisions, associates and joint ventures. These media assets include Jacanda FM, Mediamark, East Coast Radio, Urban Brew Studios, KLA, Knowledge Factory, Juta and Company, Mega8, ReelAfrican, Global Media Alliance and Adjoin Media. It also has interests several other radio stations including Heart FM, OFM, Kaya FM and Gagasi 99.5
Kagiso Media Radio Internship Programme
Kagiso Media currently requires two (2) interns who will be allocating their time working between Jacaranda FM and Voice of Wits (VOW) 88.1 over the whole course of the internship period. The training phase of the programme will be conducted at the Wits Radio Academy.
The duties and responsibilities of the interns include, but are not limited to:
- Providing support in VOW’s daily operational works, particularly in management, production and programming
- Gain exposure and practical experience in Jacanda FM’s marketing
- Providing assistance to the various VOW and Jacaranda FM departments as needed
Who should apply?
Only applicants with the following credentials are encouraged to apply:
- Holds a diploma or bachelor’s degree or relevant qualification
- Proficient in the use of computers as well as word processing tools, spreadsheets and creating presentations
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proactive, driven and highly motivated
- Knowledgeable with current events and with good general knowledge
- With some level of radio production, marketing and programming experience is a plus
- Preferably owns a valid driver’s license
- Able to speak English and Afrikaans well
How do I apply?
Applicants who meet the programme’s minimum requirements will need to register an accout on the company’s recruitment portal. Click here to get started.
Log in if you already have an account. Be sure to use the job/reference code RInt05122019 to easily locate the internship advert.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 12 December 2019.
Should you have any further questions about the internship, call Kagiso Media’s Johannesburg head office at +27 11 034 9200.
Click the link to take a look at the Kagiso Media Radio Internship Programm 2019 advert.