About KUEHNE + NAGEL
Kuehne + Nagel International AG is a Swiss logistics company founded by August Kuhne and Friedrich Nagel in 1890. It primarily provides sea freight and air freight forwarding services to businesses in multiple sectors like pharma, retail, and automotive. The company has further diversified into insurance, warehousing, and customs brokerage. It’s now an end-to-end service provider for global logistics.
Today, the company is present in over 100 countries and employs more than 74,000 people. It also has a 15% global market share in the air and sea freight business.
Kuehne + Nagel operates in South Africa as Kuehne + Nagel (Pty) Ltd.
KN Inzuzo Trust Bursary
Kuehne + Nagel founded a trust in 2012 called the “Kuehne + Nagel Inzuzo Trust”. The aim of the trust is to invest in education and upskill the African youth. By doing so, the company also ensures the adequate availability of skilled professionals in the workforce. So far, the trust has assisted many students financially.
For the academic session 2022-23, Kuehne + Nagel Inzuzuo Trust Bursary will award black female students who are currently pursuing an undergrad or postgrad qualification. Here are the fields of study where the bursaries will be awarded:
- Accounting (BCom)
- Financial Management (BCom)
- Information Systems (BCom)
- Logistics (BCom)
- Logistics Management (Diploma)
- Transport Economics (BCom)
The exact value of the bursary will be decided on a case-by-case basis, depending on the financial need. It is designed to cover the following expenses:
- Tuition fees
- Prescribed textbook
The amount will be paid directly to the tertiary institution where the bursar is studying. Once awarded, it cannot be used for other purposes or be transferred to someone else.
Bursars will get an opportunity to work with Kuehne + Nagel during school holidays and gain valuable practical skills.
Who should apply?
There are specific eligibility criteria laid out by Kuehne + Nagel Trust for the bursary programme.
The eligibility requirements for Kuehne + Nagel Inzuzo Trust Bursary 2022 are:
- A South African citizen
- A female
- Ethically black
- Completed Matriculation
- Pursuing an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in one of the fields of study mentioned above (postgrad students must be in their second or third year since first-year students aren’t eligible)
- Scored at least 60% in the recent year of study
- Studying full-time and not part-time at an accredited and recognised tertiary institution
- Have a strong academic track record
- Have a proven financial need
- Have strong leadership capabilities and a pleasing personality
Students with disability are encouraged to apply and may get preference over others. Those with a superior academic track record may also get priority.
How do I apply?
If you need funding for your studies and fulfill the above eligibility criteria, consider applying for Kuehne + Nagel Inzuzo Trust Bursary programme. Here are the steps involved:
- Complete the bursary application form
The first step is to download and complete the Kuehne + Nagel Inzuzo Trust Bursary Application Form. It has got seven parts, and you need to complete all of them.
- Prepare necessary documents
Next, you have to prepare the following documents:
- ID documents (certified copies)
- Passport-sized photo (recent)
- Matric certificate (certified copies)
- Tertiary academic record
- Any high school or university awards received for academic/sports/leadership/entrepreneurial achievements
- Letter of reference issued by your university lecturer or high school teacher (must be signed and stamped)
- Proof of acceptance issued by the university / provisional acceptance letter (must be on institution letterhead)
- Financial statement of the study cost incurred / a quote from the university (on institution letterhead)
- Proof of household income (payslips if parents are employed; affidavit if unemployed; pension slips, if applicable) (certified copies only)
- Proof of residence of parents/guardians
- Send your application
Finally, you need to email the completed application form and the documents to this email address – firstname.lastname@example.org. For the subject line, use ‘KN Inzuzo Trust Bursary Application 2022’.
You can also hand deliver to the following address:
The Kuehne + Nagel Inzuzo Trust
9 Nguni Drive
Longmeadow West Business Park
The KN Inzuzo Trust Bursary is currently open, and the last date to apply for it is 31 March 2022.
For more information regarding the bursary programme, contact Busi Mabena at:
- Telephone – 011 574 7000
- Email – email@example.com
If this bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other open bursaries for application.