KwaZulu-Natal’s Department of Community Safety & Liaison is calling on eligible candidates to submit their application and qualify for its Graduate Internship programmes for 2022. Be sure to go over the role’s minimum eligibility criteria if you’re looking to apply.
About the KZN Department of Community Safety & Liaison
Tasked with the responsibility of ensuring a safe and secure environment for all KwaZulu-Natal residents, the provincial government’s Department of Community Safety & Liaison works to integrate initiatives that drive community safety towards a peaceful and crime-free KwaZulu-Natal.
KZN Dept of Community Safety & Liaison Internship 2022
In its commitment to enhancing the competencies and employability of unemployed graduates, the Department is currently offering 24-month internship opportunities in the following sub-directorates. Note the corresponding reference number and degree/diploma requirements for each:
- Risk and Integrity Management (Ref. no: CSL05/2022)
- Risk Management
- Integrated Planning, Internal Monitoring and Evaluation ((Ref. no: CSL05/2022)
- Social Sciences
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Development Studies
Who should apply?
Applicants from all districts who hold any of the qualifications mentioned above are eligible to submit their application. In addition, the internship role requires candidates who are:
- between 18 to 35 years old
- unemployed and have no work experience
- first time interns and have not been part of any previous internships
How do I apply?
Applicants are required to download and accomplish the new Z83 form to be submitted together with certified copies (when applicable) of the following:
- Valid driver’s license
- Identity documents
- Updated and comprehensive resume
- Senior certificate
- Proof of unemployment, i.e. signed affidavit from a commissioner of oaths indicating non-participation to any internship programme
- Proof of residence such as an electricity bill, local councilor affidavit, or retail statements
Download the new Z83 form here.
Note: On the application form, make sure to indicate your preferred field and its corresponding reference number. Separate applications showing the corresponding reference number must be submitted when applying
All applications must be forwarded to:
Head of Community Safety and Liaison
Human Resources Sub-Directorate
Private Bag X 9143
For attn: Ms S.S Ngcobo
or hand-deliver to:
179 Jabu Ndlovu Street, Pietermaritzburg
The internship starts on 1 July 2022, with the successful candidate receiving a monthly stipend for the duration of the programme.
- Do not fax or email your application form
- The Department advises against sending applications via registered mail
- Be sure to completely fill out and attach the Annexure F portion of the application form – failure to do so will forfeit your application
The deadline for submission of applications is on 29 April 2022.
For enquiries, call the Department directly at 033 341 9300.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the KZN Dept of Community Safety & Liaison Internship 2022 advert.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available.