The Limpopo Economic Development, Environment and Tourism is calling on qualified individuals who are interested in sending their application and possible qualify the city government’s Bursary Programme offering for the 2020 academic year.
The Department of Economic Development, Environment and Tourism is mandated to ensure sustained economic growth and development in the province. This means that DEDET plays a critical role in generating employment and battling poverty.
Limpopo’s Department of Economic Development, Environment and Tourism main thrust is to provide leadership in investment promotion, economic development, ensuring a mutually beneficial business environment and advancement of tourism and feasible use of the environment.
LEDET Bursary Programmes
In line with the LEDET’s commitment in promoting education resolving skill gaps, it provides bursary opportunities in the areas of study that are highly relevant to the primary functions of the department.
The bursary will cover school-related expenses such as:
- Registration/admission fee
- Full tuition fee
- Accommodation/lodging expenses
- Food expenses
Who should apply?
The primary requirement of the programme is for the applicant to meet the admission requirements for a Bachelor’s degree/National Diploma.
Moreover, students in the following fields of study will be given priority:
- ND in Nature Conservation
- ND Food Operations Management
- ND in Eco-Tourism
- ND or BSc in Process/Chemical/Physical Metallurgy
- ND or BSc in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- ND or BCom in Entrepreneurship/Business Management
- ND or BCom in Tourism Management
- ND or B in Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor in Local Economic Development
- BSc in Environmental Management or Environmental Science
- BSc, Hons/Master’s degree in Aquatic or Terrestrial Ecology
- BSc, Hons/Master’s degree in Botany
How do I apply
Applicants who meet the minimum requirements will need to download the application form here. Make sure to fill out the form accurately and attach certified copies of the supporting documents listed below:
- Mid-year results (current Grade 12 student) or certificate from Grade 12
- Academic results
- Letter of acceptance from a reputable South African tertiary education institution
- Proof of household income (parents or guardian)
- South African ID
Download the application form here.
Forward your duly accomplished application form along with the required supporting documents to:
Human Resources Development
Private Bag X9484
The deadline for the submission of applications is on 20 December 2019. Should you not receive feedback about your application 8 weeks beyond the deadline.
Click the link to view the Limpopo Economic Development, Environment and Tourism 2020 advert.