Leroy Merlin is calling on qualified people to come and apply for its upcoming Finance Internship Programme for the 2020 financial year. More about this internship offering and the company below.
French-based home improvement and gardening equipment retailer Leroy Merlin is a division of Group Adeo, which operates a total of 32 self-governing companies backed by about 89,000 employees in 13 countries. Leroy Merlin is widely popular for being a DIY store and is considered by many as the first company to ever start free delivery services
The company was started by Adolphe Leroy along with Rose Merlin as an American surplus shop. After a successful run, the owners then added DIY products and supplies to sell at moderately low pricepoints. In 1960, it took on the Leroy Merlin name. To date, the store focuses on six main sectors which are DIY, gardening, building, renewable energy, interior decors and sanitary equipment.
Leroy Merlin Finance Internship Programme
The successful applicant will be in support of the growth of this relatively new company. In line with this objective, the incumbent will be performing the responsibilities listed below:
- Accurately process, organize and put together creditor invoices
- Establish a healthy relationship with suppliers in terms of payment and processing items
- Make sure cashbook payments are accurately processed and paid in a timely manner
- Ensure petty cash disbursements, replenishment and reconciliation are done accurately
- Make payment files and furnish remittance advisories to all creditors
- Effectively manage supplier queries
- Create a current accruals list
- Make sure supporting documents are filed immediately, securely and accurately while complying with local and group retention policies
- Provide support during internal and external audits
- Complete all assigned quick tasks within set deadlines
- Participate in staff surveys, performance plans and reports as needed
- See to it that company values are present in all deliveries and actions
- Make sure all sick leaves, annual leaves, expense claims and overtime pay are processed accurately
Who should apply?
Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements are eligible to apply for this internship opportunity:
- Holds a BCom in Financial Accounting diploma or in any similar fields of study
- Computer literate
- Solid numerical skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Keen attention to details
- Has effective organizational skills
- Works well within a team
- Able to beat deadlines
- Reliable and trustworthy
How do I apply?
Candidates who satisfy the preliminary requirements will need to fill out the online form on the company’s recruitment portal. Click here to get started with the application.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
For more details about the internship or the company, contact Leroy Merlin directly at:
Tel: 010 493 8000
- How long is the duration of this internship?
Although the exact length of time was not mentioned, the internship is a short-term position.
- Is this a paid internship?
While this is a paid internship, the advert does not mention the exact amount of the monthly stipend.
Click on the link to view the Leroy Merlin SA Finance Internship Programme 2020 advert