French-based home improvement retailer Leroy Merlin is calling suitable individuals who are interested in joining its Finance Internship Programme to submit an application at the earliest time possible. Further details about this internship opportunity as well as the company are available below.
French-based home improvement and gardening equipment retailer Leroy Merlin is a division of Group Adeo, which operates a total of 32 self-governing companies backed by about 89,000 employees in 13 countries. Leroy Merlin is widely popular for being a DIY store and is considered by many as the first company to ever start free delivery services
The company was started by Adolphe Leroy along with Rose Merlin as an American surplus shop. After a successful run, the owners then added DIY products and supplies to sell at moderately low pricepoints. In 1960, it took on the Leroy Merlin name. To date, the store focuses on six main sectors which are DIY, gardening, building, renewable energy, interior decors and sanitary equipment.
Leroy Merlin Finance Internship Programme
The successful applicant will be joining Leroy Merlin SA’s Finance team and will be carrying out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Accurately process, prepare and reconcile creditor invoices
- Establish solid supplier relationships in relation to item processing and payment
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of cashbook payment
- Accurate and timely petty cash disbursement, reconciliation and replenishment
- Organize payment files and transmit remittance advice to creditors
- Manage supplier queries
- Make sure accruals list is up-to-date
- Ensure supporting documents are filed immediately, securely and accurate in line with local and group retention policy requirements
- Provide assistance in internal and external audits
- Process requests and queries within current SLA
Who should apply?
Applicants who meet the following minimum eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply:
- Holds a BCom Financial Accounting qualification or any relevant field of study
- Proficient with computers
- Good with numbers
- Strong written and communication skills
- Keen attention to details
- Effective organizational skills
- Deadline driven
- A good team player
- Trustworthy and dependable
How do I apply?
If you meet the initial requirements and would like to move forward with the application, click on the link to access the application page.
Fill out the application form accurately and be sure to submit all the supporting documents required.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
For enquiries, get in touch with Leroy Merlin SA by clicking on the link and filling out the contact form.
Click here to view a PDF copy of the Leroy Merlin Finance Internship Programme advert.
- How long is the duration of this internship?
Although the exact length of time was not mentioned, the internship is a short-term position.
- Is this a paid internship?
While this is a paid internship, the advert does not mention the exact amount of the monthly stipend.
Click on the link to view the Leroy Merlin SA Finance Internship Programme 2020 advert