The Limpopo Provincial Government is calling on South African students who are in need of bursary support to further their studies to submit an application and be part of the Department of Public Works, Roads and Infrastructure Bursary Programme. Check the minimum eligibility requirements and other important details about the bursary programme below.
The Office of the Department of Public Works, Roads and Infrastructure in the Limpopo Provincial Government is mandated to ensure the most effective use of resources in the management and provision of viable economic and social infrastructure as well as the coordination of the Expanded Works Programme.
Limpopo Public Works Bursary Programme
Limpopo’s Public Works Bursary Programme is designed to address the shortage of qualified technicians, engineers and other needed scarce skills professionals who will efficiently establish, manage and maintain government office buildings. The bursary programme will cover students pursuing their qualification in the following fields of study:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Building Engineering
- Architectural Science
- Quantity Engineering
- Asset Management
- Information Technology or Management
The bursary programme will cover the following expenses of the beneficiaries:
- Registration Fees
Beneficiaries are to render work service equivalent to the number of years bursary benefits were receive
Who should apply?
Applicants will need to satisfy the following minimum requirements in order to be considered eligible to apply:
- Pursuing or planning to pursue a relevant diploma or degree at a tertiary education institution recognized by the Limpopo Provincial Government
- Completed Grade 12 Math and Science or National Technical Certificate (NTC)
- Preferably from designated groups
- Must be a South African student
What is the selection process?
The bursary committee considers the following points in selecting the beneficiaries:
- Current diploma/degree students must have no failing marks
- Applying for bursary support for the next school year
- Successful candidates will receive a notification by post and must be willing to sign and get into a bursary agreement with the Department
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to download the application form here. Once done, attach all required document and send it to:
The Senior Manager
HRD and PMS
The Department of Public Works
Private Bag X 9490
43 Church Street
The deadline for the submission of applications is on 31 October 2020.
For enquiries, get in touch with this organization by calling (015 ) 284 7172 – 7332.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Limpopo Public Works Bursary Programme 2021 advert.