The Advanced Research Internship Programme by L’Oréal South Africa is calling on highly qualified individuals to start sending in their applications as soon as possible.
L’Oréal is considered one of the largest cosmetics companies in the world. It specializes in skin care, hair colour, hair care, make up and sun protection. To date, L’Oréal markets more than 500 brands which includes over thousands of individual beauty products.
L’Oréal Advanced Research Internship Programme 2020
The successful applicant will be reporting to the Advanced Research Manager for the SSA division and will primarily be responsible for conducting technology development projects on African hair and skin care. This will include, but not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Perform theoretical and literature work investigation of available raw materials as well as their properties; identify RMs of interest
- Conduct lab work including formulation trial specifications, quality check and relevant project management under manager’s supervision
- Utilize the company’s internal digital tools in designing experimental work
- Oversee pilot scale-ups and batches meant for consumer tests as needed
- Schedule expert, instruments and consumer tests
- Analyze and document test results
- Collaborate with the larger R&I group
Who should apply?
Prospective interns will need to satisfy the programme’s basic qualifications:
- Holds a degree in Chemical or Materials Engineering, Biochemistry or Chemistry or other related fields
- Although not required, a postgraduate degree is an added edge
- Work experience is not a requirement
- Must have a high sense of urgency and entrepreneurial ethic needed to drive business outcomes
- Possesses excellent organizational multitasking skills and commitment to deadlines
- A valuable team player who leads by example
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Demonstrated coaching skills
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum requirements listed above, click here to start the application process.
Click the link to view the L’Oreal SA Advanced Research Internship Programme advert.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
Click here if you wish to know how it’s like to work in L’Oréal South Africa.