Global cosmetics manufacturer, L’Oréal, is inviting promising graduates to apply for its Sustainability Management Trainee programme in South Africa for 2022. Take a moment to review the programme’s minimum qualification requirements before applying.
L’Oréal is considered one of the largest cosmetics companies in the world. It specializes in skincare, hair colour, hair care, makeup and sun protection. To date, L’Oréal markets more than 500 brands which include over thousands of individual beauty products known all over the world.
L’Oréal Sustainability Management Trainee 2022
The Sustainability Management Trainee role is based at L’Oréal’s SA headquarters in Johannesburg, mainly providing assistance to the Country Sustainability Leader in rolling out the company’s sustainability strategy and roadmap. This is a full-time position that requires the successful candidate to perform various duties and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support with the development and management of L’Oréal’s Future Roadmap
- Collaborate with the Sustainability Leaders in employing a cross-disciplinary approach in order to establish roadmap milestones
- Keep updated with the local sustainability landscape e.g. laws, key players, innovations, and consumer trends in order to effectively inform the business about emerging opportunities as well as threats
- Develop a deep and comprehensive awareness of all group sustainability policies and commitments
- Support roadmap implementation and ensure its flawless execution
- Provide assistance with the development and management of working groups in charge of various sustainability work streams
- Perform working group project management assistance tasks
- Contribute to upskilling and engaging all employees regarding sustainability
- Conduct relevant trainings and other events relevant to sustainability
- Support external stakeholder engagement on sustainability
- Develop and maintain SharePoint and libraries for sustainability slides and materials
- Provide PROs with monthly EPR reports on the Company’s various packaging waste streams
- Carry out ad hoc tasks as delegated by the Sustainability Leader in support of the sustainability portfolio
Who should apply?
To get considered for the role, applicants must meet these minimum eligibility standards:
- Holds a relevant tertiary degree
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of sustainability in its general sense
- Possesses an eager interest in project management
- Enthusiastic, genuinely curious, and always keen on learning
- Able to produce results independently and as part of a team environment
- Effective prioritization and multitasking skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive in troubleshooting problems
- Takes ownership of projects
- Knowledgeable in MS tools such as Excel, Teams, Word, and PowerPoint
- Good interpersonal skills; able to interact directly with various groups of external and internal stakeholders
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates need only to set up an account on L’Oréal’s online recruitment platform to apply for the trainee programme. Click the link below to get started:
No deadline for submission of applications had been set as of this posting.
L’Oréal South Africa,
Building 17 The Woodlands Office Park,
Woodlands Drive, Woodmead,
Tel. no: +27 (0)11 286 0700
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the L’Oréal Sustainability Management Trainee programme 2022 advert page.