Australian financial services company, Macquarie Group is inviting qualified and interested applicants to send in their application and possibly qualify for its Equity Derivative Analyst Internship Programme.
The Macquire Group Ltd is a global financial services and independent investment bank with over 14,000 employees spread across 25 countries. It is one of, if not the largest, infrastructure asset manager in the world managing over AU$ 495B in assets. Macquarie Capital and Macquarie Asset Management are separate operating groups that make up this leading mergers and acquisitions adviser in Australia today.
Macquarie Equity Derivative Analyst Internship Programme
The Macquarie Commodities and Global Markets group in South Africa is in need of Analyst Interns who will be part of the company’s Equity and Derivatives Division. The incumbent’s key responsibility is to provide support to the division’s trading and structuring groups carrying out front office activities. Moreover, the successful interns are to assist with continuous improvement of all trading and execution activities.
The Analyst Intern will be involved in a wide range activities, which include, but not limited, to the following tasks:
- Provide assistance in maximizing profits that are risk-adjusted
- Generate and provide risk analysis reporting
- Maintain trading platforms and input as well as trade booking
- Generate profit and loss reporting
- Provide management commentary
- Produce high detail data analysis of current market trends
- Analyze pricing and performance using data analytics
- Back test new trading strategies
- Help develop quantitative analysis tools for trading desk use
- Improve execution and general trading platforms
Who should apply?
Only applicants who possess the following are eligible to apply and and receive feedback about y their application:
- Must be a recent graduate of any relevant field of study
- With exceptional quantitative and computational skills
- Must have a demonstrated passion for trading and financial markets
- Must have theoretical but solid understanding of derivatives
How do I apply?
Interested applicants will need to register an account on the company’s careers portal and log in. Click here to start the registration process. Use the Job code: 949234 to pull up the application page for this internship.
If you already have an account simply log in to apply.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
Cal tel: +44 20 3037 for any questions about the company or the internship.
Click here to view the Macquire Equity/Derivatives Analyst Internship Programme advert.
- Is this a full-time or part-time internship position?
Successful candidates will be signing an internship contract in a full-time capacity.
- Where will the internship take place?
The selected interns will be serving their contract in the company’s Cape Town offices