Mainstream Renewable Power South Africa is in need of a qualified individual to apply for its Commercial Internship Programme offering in Cape Town. Read on for more details about the company and their internship opening.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a renewable energy company whose focus is on developing and providing onshore and offshore solar and wind projects. The company designs, builds and operates wind farms and have done so for big name companies like Ikea. They also work with multi-national companies towards offsetting their carbon emissions, limiting and stabilizing their energy costs and delivering energy security.
Mainstream Renewable Power Commercial Internship Programme
The successful candidate will function as support for the South African Commercial Team during preparation for bid responses to RFP (Requests for Proposals), both in line within the REIPP (Renewable Energy Independent Procurement) to IPPO (Independent Power Producers Office) and the South African bilateral market.
The key responsibilities of the Commercial Intern are as follows:
- Assist the Commercial Executive and Commercial Manager with REIPPP activities and offtaker space
- Comply with the company’s delivery process and provide support for successful bid delivery
- Operate Excel Project Finance models effectively by:
- Understanding model input
- Understanding long-term debt instruments, structures and subsequent financial model input
- Take mentorship from the Commercial Manager/Executive as well as analyze potential bilateral opportunities
- Provide assistance to other departments in a commercial intern capacity
The company does not guarantee permanent employment after the intern successfully completes the 12-month internship programme.
Requirements or Eligibility
Make sure to go over the following basic requirements before applying:
- Must have a degree in Engineering, Commerce, Law or Accounting
- Able to easily collaborate within a team
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Can fluently converse in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Highly motivated to build a career within a promising new industry and grow the business
- Can help develop or improve existing strategies and best practices
- Has the right attitude and capability to communicate/perform in a fast-paced work environment
- A South Africa citizen
How to Apply
Qualified applicants will need apply online. Click here to visit the online application page and click on the “Apply” button to start the application process.
Opening and Closing Date
No deadline for submission of applications as been set as of this writing.
View the programme’s job advert for more details.