Mainstream Renewable Power is inviting suitably qualified and talented individuals to submit an application and be part of the company’s Engineering Internship Programme in South Africa. Know more about the requirements and the parameters of this internship opportunity below.
Mainstream Renewable Power is an award-winning independent power producer and renewable energy developer operating in Africa, the Asia-Pacific region, Latin America, North America and Europe. It began its African operations in 2009 in South Africa and has provided 598 MW to the commercial sector along with 250 MW in construction. Furthermore, it has 5,500 solar and wind PV projects in the development pipe.
Mainstream Renewable Power SA Engineering Internship
The successful candidate will basically be providing assistance and technical support to the Operation Engineers with their tasks related to the operational facilities. The duties and responsibilities of the Engineer Intern include, but are not limited to:
- Creating automated reports, visual tools, automated reports and maintenance recording methods in all the sites
- Developing weekly and monthly project reports in support of Asset and Site Managers
- Interacting with contractors regarding wind farms in support of plant technicians and plant managers
- Researching new innovations and technologies that may be applied on wind farms as well as in the workspace to simplify processes
- Getting well acquainted with grid codes and other important codes and standards utilized in renewable power plants
- Providing support to Operations Engineers with technical analytics utilizing statistical analysis on high-frequency data to make sure operations and maintenance of turbines are carried out accurately
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must be able to meet these minimum requirements to be considered eligible to apply for the internship:
- Holds an Engineering qualification or any relevant field with an emphasis on programming
- Must have no more than 12 months of work experience
- Possesses a deep understanding of databases, computer systems and interface languages as well as telecoms
- Must have a good understanding of solar substation technology
- Must possess superb written and verbal communication skills
- Confident with making presentations to management in all levels
- Proficiency in English plus Afrikaans is an advantage
- Holds a valid driver’s license
- Eager to improve skills and experience further through additional training and education
- Proficiency with Microsoft office tools e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word
- Preferably knowledgeable in SQL, R or Python databases
- Able to perform under pressure and make deadlines
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum eligibility criteria and would like to apply, fill out the application form by clicking here. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on the “Apply Now” button.
Mainstream Renewable Power SA reserves the right to discontinue the hiring process, including the advert at any time it may deem necessary.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
For more information, get in touch with Mainstream Renewable Power SA at:
Phone: (0) 21 657 4040
- How long will it take to complete the internship?
The internship will run for a duration of two (2) years.
- Where will the internship take place?
The successful candidate will be based in MRP’s Cape Town offices.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the Mainstream Renewable Power SA Engineering Internship advert.