Mastercard is calling on talented and highly qualified individuals to submit an application and qualify for its Summer Internship Programme. Check out the requirements of the programme as well as the duties and responsibilities covered by the position before applying.
As a global credit card conglomerate, Mastercard’s primary business is to process payment transactions between merchant banks and the purchasers’ credit unions or card-issuing banks who use the Mastercard brand credit, debit or prepaid cards for purchases.
Established as Interbank in 1966 by a cooperative of several regional bankcard groups, Mastercard came as a response to Bank of America’s BankAmericard. The cooperative grew to more than 25,000 financial institutions before being publicly traded in 2006. Mastercard employed close to 13,4000 in 2017 and posted a net income amounting to US$3.915 billion in the same year.
Mastercard SA Summer Internship Programme
Mastercard South Africa’s Summer Internship provides successful applicants the opportunity to get hands-on expertise on genuine work-life skills while enjoying and being able to contribute to an international company. Successful candidates will go through challenging projects that will further improve their skills and be instrumental in achieving the company’s department objectives and goals.
The Summer Intern will be part of Mastercard’s Data & Services team in SA and will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Build a healthy working relationship with the team leader and team members
- Provide support to ensure fulfillment of daily client deliverables
- Generate reports under the guidance of the team lead
- Improve analytical skills by including recommendations and insight in all deliverables
- Create and deliver presentations under guidance
- Determine client challenges and present solutions to the team
Upon successful completion of the programme, interns may move on to the Launch Graduate Programme (starts in February 2021) depending on their performance evaluation.
Who should apply?
Candidates will need to satisfy these minimum requirements to be considered eligible to apply:
- Post-graduate students pursuing a qualification in the quantitative field
- Must possess outstanding analytical skills and capable of utilizing data to influence decisions
- Practices innovative thinking and smart risk-taking
- Comfortable collaborating with other teams across within Mastercard Data & Services
- With solid communication skills
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants who wish to apply will need to create an account on the company website. Click here to start the process.
No deadline set as of this posting.
Click on the link if you’re curious to find out how it is to work for Mastercard SA.
- How long will it take to complete?
This internship will run for a duration of 8 weeks and starts on November 2020 until January 2021.
- Where will it take place?
Successful candidates will be based in Johannesburg.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Mastercard SA Summer Internship Programme-2020-advert.