The Mayfly Group, an established service provider in the agricultural and manufacturing sector is a calling highly qualified individuals who are interested in submitting an application and qualify for the Field Researcher Internship programme for 2020. Read on below for more details about this internship opportunity and the Mayfly Group.
Based in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga, the Mayfly Group is a global agrichemical manufacturer serving agricultural and manufacturing companies. It offers services that include:
- Specialized and comprehensive recruitment solutions
- Dependable HR and payroll services
- In-depth Market Research services
Mayfly Agri Field Research Internship 2020
The successful candidate will work as a Field Scientist intern who will be given the task of planning, executing, analyzing and reporting data from trials of key products for registration, as well as providing support to sales and marketing strategies, sales promotion trials and new product introduction.
The duties and responsibilities of the Field Research intern are as follows:
- Ensure timely delivery of products through successful planning and execution of all types of product trials
- Facilitate and contribute to protocol management
- Manage agronomical features of the demonstration trials
- Arrange demo trial visits with external and internal stakeholders
- Arrange demo days in order to train external and internal stakeholders
- Report trial results as well as observations and results not included in the protocol
- Determine opportunities, threats and problems
- Extend technical assistance to marketing and sales
- Validate findings and make recommendations based on product performance
- Conduct follow up work on external trials including third party ground interactions
- Maintain stores and equipment
- Build good working relationships with stakeholders, distributors, growers, agents and relevant industry organizations
- Keep up-to-date of competitor, market and trade activities to be able to adjust accordingly to changing environments
- Drive transformation and standardization of work processes
- Spread knowledge and expertise by sharing best practices and training
- Ensure all operations are under the direct control and compliant with HSE guidelines and policies
Who should apply?
Aspiring candidates will need to meet the following minimum requirements in order to be suitable to apply for this internship opportunity:
- Must be a graduate of an M Sc or B Sc degree in Entomology, Weed Science or Plant Pathology
- Ideally with previous background in agricultural product development or crop protection
- Amenable with fieldwork and trial management
- Holds a valid driver’s license
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants who wish to pursue this internship position will need to access and fill out the application form by clicking here.
Although the deadline is not specified, the job advert will stay visible on MayFly’s website until 03 May 2020.
For enquiries get in touch directly with MayFly by contacting them at:
Tel: 064 971 5275
- Is this a paid internship?
Remuneration is negotiable depending on the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
- Where will the internship take place?
This internship position will be held in MayFly SA’s Nelspruit location in Mpumalanga.
Click the link for a PDF copy of the Mayfly Agri Field Research Internship 2020 advert.