French audit and accounting firm Mazars, is calling on qualified individuals to come to their website and apply for its bursary offering for the 2020 academic year.
Established in 1945 in the French city of Normandy by Robert Mazars, the firm became global in 1977 under the helm of former CEO Patrick de Cambourg, growing its 33 local employees to a global firm backed by a staff of over 23,000 professionals working in member firms operating in 89 countries.
In Africa, Mazars operates in 22 integrated countries with 2,700 professionals in 47 regional offices. The audit firm is one of the oldest in South Africa which has been in operation since the early 1950s.
Mazars SA CA Audit Bursary Programme
Mazars South Africa provides bursary support to deserving and qualified students who are able to demonstrate commitment to their studies as well as to a future career in Mazars. Those who are awarded bursary coverage will be required to agree to the following obligations:
- Serve a three-year SAICA TIPP training agreement with Mazars
- Must be available to render at least one vacation work during the course of their study
- Submit academic performance for each semester
- Be present at social functions hosted by the firm whenever attendance is compulsory
Who should apply?
Only applicants who meet the basic requirements listed below will be considered in the running for bursary support:
- Must either be a permanent resident or citizen of South Africa
- Currently a full-time student, or intending to study a university degree recognized by SAICA
- For undergraduate students – must be enrolled in a tertiary education institution recognized by SAICA
What is the selection process?
- Applications will receive consideration based on the company’s transformation policy
- Applicants falling under the Employment Equity law will be given preference
- Applicants must be able to prove financial incapacity to study
- Those with exemplary academic performance as well as those who can demonstrate commitment to a long term career at Mazars are a definite advantage
How do I apply?
Only candidates who meet the minimum eligibility requirements mentioned above may apply. Also be sure to have the following supporting documents ready:
- Copy of South African ID
- Full copy of academic records
- Up to date and comprehensive CV
- Letter of motivation
Click here and register an account to get started with the application process. If you already have an account, log in and use the reference number: MAZ190912-2 to easily locate the bursary advert.
Mazars SA will be closing the bursary application by 30 November 2019.
Should you have any questions, call Mazars Cape Town at
+27 21 818 5000
Click on the link to view the Mazars SA CA Audit Bursary Programme 2020 advert.