Management consultancy firm, Mc Kinsey And Company, is inviting suitable graduates to apply for its upcoming McKinsey and Co. SA Associate Internship 2023 intake at its Johannesburg offices. Make sure to review the role’s minimum eligibility criteria if you’re interested in applying.
About McKinsey and Company
Founded in 1926, McKinsey & Company is a global management consultancy firm that delivers professional services to private corporations, government offices, and other organizations. As the oldest consultancy company in the world, it is also one of the largest. In terms of revenue, it is also one of the largest strategic consulting firms in the world and mainly specializes in the operations and finances of its clients.
McKinsey and Co. SA Associate Internship 2023
The successful candidate will be part of a team of 3 to 5 consultants working toward identifying and implementing possible solutions to resolve a specific client issue or problem. During the internship, it is the incumbent’s main objective to assist clients in instituting lasting performance improvements and achieve their most important objectives
Key duties and responsibilities
- Capture and asses information, develop and test hypothesis, and formulate and communicate recommendations
- Present outcomes to the Client Management team and execute recommendations in close partnership with client team members
- Travel to client’s site as needed
Furthermore, the successful candidate will undergo extensive training and coaching to enhance his/her skills with:
- Structuring complex and vague problems and taking action to provide resolutions
- Synthesizing takeaways from complicated information into recommendations using quantitative and qualitative methods
- Collaborating effectively with diverse teams to develop the best solutions and drive organizations and people to action
- Building client relations based on trust to provide them better service
- Communicating effectively with audiences of all kinds including senior leaders
- Developing own leadership style and leveraging own passions, personal values, and strengths
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- A graduate of, or currently pursuing a postgraduate qualification
- Capable of driving an independent workstream within the context of a bigger team project
- Knows how to break down and resolve problems using analysis and quantitative thinking
- Comfortable collaborating within a team and creating an inclusive workspace with people from all levels of the organization
- Comfortable working in dynamic and ambiguous situations
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills as well as local office languages
Note that the above is a general description of the nature of work attributed to the role and may not list all the duties, responsibilities, and requisite skills of the position.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to upload their resume to start the application process. Click the link below to get started:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
Know more about McKinsey & Company’s application process by clicking the link.