The Mediclinic Group is calling on SAFP-registered pharmacists to apply for its Pharmacist Internship Programme opening for a fixed-term contract.
Headquartered in Stellenbosch, South Africa, Mediclinic International is a private hospital group that has international operations in Switzerland, Namibia and the United Arab Emirates. Mediclinic International was established in 1983 by Dr. Erwin Hertzog as a result of a successful feasibility study on the viability of private hospitals in the Western Cape under the commission of the Rembrandt Group.
In 2018, Mediclinic International reported a total of 75 hospitals, 28 clinics and 10,684 hospital beds and 31, 504 employees.
Mediclinic Constantiaberg Pharmacist Internship Programme 2019
The incumbent will be working at the Pharmaceutical Department in Mediclinic Constantiaberg in Plumstead, Western Cape in a fixed-term agreement for the length of the internship. Benefits will include an industry-related remuneration as well as a generous leave package.
The responsibilities of the Pharmacist Intern include:
- Dispense prescriptions accurately (under pharmacist supervision)
- Process patients’ credits and prescription
- Balance ward and pharmacy registers after stock receipts/issues (under pharmacist supervision)
- Order, receive, issue and manage stock in line with management policies
- Maintain high standards of client care principles
As this is for a fixed-term contract, the Mediclinic Pharmacist Internship Programme does not guarantee a permanent position at the end of the internship period.
Requirements or Eligibility
In order to qualify, an applicant must meet the following basic requisites:
- Must be an accredited Pharmacy Student by the South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC)
- Previous private hospital and community pharmacy experience is an advantage
- Willing to work after hours and/or overtime
- Willing to join scheduled CPD events and stock takes
- Intermediate skills in MS Office
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical work and experience
- Must have a solid background in medical stock management in a hospital setting
- Basic knowledge of medical aid regulations
- Demonstrated organizational awareness through understanding the effect of industry trends
- Able to focus on accuracy and critical details to ensure high quality of work
- Capable of sound judgement during problem solving situations
Click the link to view the Mediclinic Constantiaberg Pharmacist Internship Programme advert.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the programme’s basic requirements will need to apply online via Mediclicnic’s recruitment portal. Click the link to go to the candidate login page and create an account. If you already have an account or a LinkedIn profile, simply log in to apply.
Make sure to use the reference number Pharm01 to find the advert. Also, don’t forget to indicate the reference number in your application.
Opening and Closing Dates
Deadline for submission of applications is on 30 August 2019. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
For questions about the internship, please call the Mediclinic Career Centre at +27 21 861 1000.