The Mediclinic Group is inviting SAFP-registered pharmacists to apply for its Pharmacist Internship Programme opening for a fixed-term contract.
Headquartered in Stellenbosch, South Africa, Mediclinic International is a private hospital group that has international operations in Switzerland, Namibia and the United Arab Emirates. Mediclinic International was established in 1983 by Dr. Erwin Hertzog as a result of a successful feasibility study on the viability of private hospitals in the Western Cape under the commission of the Rembrandt Group.
In 2018, Mediclinic International reported a total of 75 hospitals, 28 clinics and 10,684 hospital beds and 31, 504 employees.
Mediclinic SA Pharmacist Internship Programme
The incumbent will be working at the Pharmaceutical Department in Mediclinic SA’s Sandton facility in Gauteng for a fixed-term agreement for the length of the internship. Benefits will include an industry-related remuneration as well as a generous leave package.
The responsibilities of the Pharmaceutical Intern include:
- Dispense prescriptions accurately (under pharmacist supervision)
- Process patients’ credits and prescription
- Balance ward and pharmacy registers after stock receipts/issues (under pharmacist supervision)
- Order, receive, issue and manage stock in line with management policies
- Maintain high standards of client care principles
The successful applicant is not guaranteed a permanent position at the end of the internship period.
Requirements or Eligibility
In order to qualify, an applicant must meet the following basic requisites:
- Must be an accredited Pharmacy Student by the South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC)
- Previous private hospital and community pharmacy experience is an advantage
- Willing to work after hours and/or overtime
- Willing to join scheduled CPD events and stock takes
- Intermediate skills in MS Office
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical work and experience
- Must have a solid background in medical stock management in a hospital setting
- Basic knowledge of medical aid regulations
- Demonstrated organizational awareness through understanding the effect of industry trends
- Able to focus on accuracy and critical details to ensure high quality of work
- Capable of sound judgement during problem solving situations
View the Mediclinic SA Pharmacist Internship Programme by clicking the link below:
How to Apply
Qualified candidates may apply in two ways:
Apply online via Mediclinic’s careers portal
Create an account, log in, and fill out the application form completely and accurately with your current information. Click the link below to get started:
Note: The link may no longer be available if the job opening had already been closed.
Acquire an application form from Mediclinic’s Career Centre or the nearest Mediclinic hospital and send it by fax to 086 6811 436. Be sure to indicate the reference code 1990 – 1 on your application.
Opening and Closing Dates
Deadline for submission of online applications is on 24 July 2019. Faxed applications will be accepted until 25 June 2019.
For details not covered by this advert, please call Mediclinic SA at +27 21 861 1000.