Merck Foundation is calling for applications for Medical scholarships in critically underserved specialties for candidates from Africa and Developing nations. If you want to apply for this Scholarship opportunity, read here to know the eligibility criteria and the application process.
About Merck Foundation
Merck Foundation is a non-profit organization established by Merck KGaA, Germany, to improve the health and well-being of people and advance their lives through the use of Science and Technology. The foundation is focused on improving access to quality healthcare solutions to people from underserved communities, building scientific research and healthcare capacities, and empowering the community in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) with a special focus on youth and women.
Merck Foundation Medical Scholarships
Merck Foundation Scientific Committee of Academic Partners is focused on African countries, especially French and Portuguese speaking, and Small Islands Developing States (SIDS), to develop healthcare and scientific research capacities and transform patient care in the public sector.
Medical Scholarship is available in the following list of online courses:
|1||PG Diploma||1 year||Diabetes|
|2||PG Diploma||1 year||Preventive Cardiovascular Medicine|
|3||PG Diploma||1 year||Sexual and Reproductive Medicine|
|4||PG Diploma||1 year||Endocrinology|
|5||PG Diploma||1 year||Respiratory Medicine|
|6||PG Diploma||1 year||Acute Medicine|
|7||PG Diploma||1 year||Rheumatology|
|8||PG Diploma||1 year||Gastroenterology|
|9||PG Diploma||1 year||Dermatology in Clinical Practice|
|10||PG Diploma||1 year||Clinical Psychiatry|
|11||M.Sc.||15 Months||Biotechnology of Human Assisted Reproduction and Embryology|
|12||PG Diploma||18 Months||Cancer and Clinical Oncology|
|13||PG Diploma||18 Months||Endocrinology and Diabetes|
|14||PG Diploma||21 Months||Emergency and Resuscitation Medicine|
|15||PG Diploma||21 months||Laparoscopic Surgical Skills|
|17||M.Sc.||2 years||Critical Care|
|18||M.Sc.||2 years||Advanced Surgical Practice|
|19||PG Diploma||2 years||Neonatal Medicine|
|20||M.Sc.||2 years||Pain Management|
|21||PG Diploma||2 years||Paediatric Emergency medicine|
|23||ChM||2 years||General Surgery|
|24||ChM||2 years||Trauma and Orthopaedics|
|25||PG Diploma||2 years||Clinical Microbiology and Infectious diseases|
|26||PG Diploma||2 years||Primary Care Ophthalmology|
|27||PG Diploma||2 years||Internal Medicine|
|28||M.Sc.||3 years||Neuroimaging for Research|
Who can Apply?
All Merck Foundation scholarships are provided to citizens of African countries, developing countries, and underserved communities according to the list of developing countries in the World Human Development Index. You can check the list by clicking here.
- Requests from Medical Societies or Ministries of Health are preferable. For individual requests, a letter of recommendation is required from Medical Societies or Ministries of Health to indicate the country gap in a specific specialty and the objective to improve access to quality health care in the community are identified.
- Further, factors like the Human Development Index, Population and number of applications received from each country, and the number of already provided scholarships to the country in the selected specialty will be considered while selecting a candidate.
- Moreover, Merck Foundation will offer English courses to candidates applying from Portuguese and French-speaking African countries and Latin American countries to provide equal opportunity to benefit from the online specialty training provided in English only.
Mandatory Eligibility Requirements:
- Proof of proficiency in the English language
- Should be currently working in the applied specialty
- Access to a stable internet connection
How to apply?
Eligible candidates need to apply for the medical Scholarship by submitting their application on the following link: Merck Foundation Medical Scholarship 2022
The last date to submit your application for the scholarship program is 31st December 2021
- For African Countries, contact:
Senior Program Director – Regional Head of Africa
Mobile: +254 722 762 037
- For Asian Countries, contact:
Vice President & Regional Head of Asia Pacific
Mobile: +91 70453 46937