Microsoft South Africa is currently accepting applications from qualified individuals for its Finance Rotational Analyst Graduate Programme 2021 intake. Make sure to go over the minimum eligibility requirements before applying.
Founders Bill Gates and Paul Allen started Microsoft when they designed and marketed the BASIC interpreters for use on the Atari 500. It became the operating system of choice for personal computers with MS-DOS during the 1980’s and was then followed by Microsoft Windows. When Microsoft became a publicly-traded company in 1986, it created three billionaires and about 12,000 millionaires from among its ranks.
In 2018, Microsoft employed 134,944 employees all across the globe, about 300 of which are in South Africa.
Microsoft Finance Rotational Graduate Programme
Successful candidates will have a distinct opportunity to acquire expertise in a broad range of areas, including identifying/improving organizational risk, profit-and-loss management, business strategies and decision support, as well as the study of business drivers to get results.
During this 2-year programme, FRP analysts will move through four to six months of rotation that will help them develop a strong sense of financial expertise and key business skills.
Duties and responsibilities
- Get a clear understanding of what Microsoft is as a corporation, business processes, and risk assessment
- Make use of acquired skills on advanced business modeling, decision support
- Develop competence in profit-and-loss management, organizational risk identification/improvement, analysis and application, identification of different business
Successful candidates will be based in Microsoft South Africa’s Johannesburg offices.
Who should apply?
In order to qualify, candidates will need to satisfy the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or Business
- A recent graduate within the last 12 months
- Preferably with more than one year work or classroom experience in financial risk analysis
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills
- Preferably with relevant experience in finance internship work
- For student applicants, must be within 12 months of completing qualification
What is the selection process?
As an equal opportunity employer, Microsoft will consider eligible applicants without prejudice to age, color, ancestry, gender identity, genetic information, nation of origin, mental or physical disability, and more. The tech giant will also shortlist eligible applicants with criminal histories compliant with legal requirement.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile on Microsoft’s recruitment page. Click the link below to get started.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
Know more about Microsoft’s application process.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the Microsoft Finance Rotational Graduate Programme 2021 advert.