Microsoft South Africa is currently accepting applications from qualified individuals for its Customer Engineer Internship intake for 2022. Make sure to go over the minimum eligibility requirements if you’re interested in applying.
Founders Bill Gates and Paul Allen started Microsoft when they designed and marketed the BASIC interpreters for use on the Atari 500. It became the operating system of choice for personal computers with MS-DOS during the 1980’s and was then followed by Microsoft Windows. When Microsoft became a publicly-traded company in 1986, it created three billionaires and about 12,000 millionaires from among its ranks.
In 2018, Microsoft employed 134,944 employees all across the globe, about 300 of which are in South Africa.
Microsoft SA Customer Engineer Internship 2022
The Customer Engineer Intern will function as a technical advisor providing support to cross-industry customers (e.g. education, enterprise, government)while promoting customer productivity through improved consumption of Microsoft technologies. In line with this objective, the successful candidate is expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities for the duration of the internship:
- Establish credibility and relationships by providing strong technical delivery, remediation, migration, supportability and implementation
- Cultivate rapport with customers as well as with the virtual account team in managing customer expectations and business objectives
- Determine trends in technical implementations of partners and customers and relay delivery opportunities to concerned stakeholders
- Perform onsite services as per customer requirements
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy the role’s minimum eligibility requirements to be considered eligible to apply:
- Actively studying or have recently graduated with a degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or any related study
- A keen, self-learner who is eager to identify customer needs and establish strong partner/customer relations
- Preferably with certifications in the following:
- SharePoint, etc
- Possesses no more than a year of experience working with C/C++/C#, VB, and XM
- Able to build a healthy relationship and stakeholder management with customers, partners, and senior leaders
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, presentation, and analytical skills
How do I apply?
If eligible, you can start the application process by clicking the link below and registering your profile:
Job no: 1275555
No deadline for submission of applications had been set as of this posting.
Click here to know more about Microsoft’s application process.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Microsoft Customer Engineer Internship 2022 advert page.