Headquartered in West Cape, MMI Holdings Inc. is a JSE-listed financial services group. The company offers several client-facing brands such as investment and insurance brand Metropolitan and Momentum,. There is also Guardrisk, South Africa’s leading cell captive insurer. and Multiply, a wellness and rewards programme. MMI has offices in 17 countries around the world. These include the UK, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India and the rest is in Africa.
Metropolitan is one of the longest running financial services provider in South Africa. With over a century of serving the African people, Metropolitan seeks to embody true empowerment in servicing the people of South Africa by providing affordable financial solutions that lead to financial security and growth. Operating in South Africa, the Metropolitan brand is present in 12 African countries. These countries include Namibia, Kenya, Botswana, Nigeria, Ghana, Swaziland and Lesotho.
The company provides financial wellness solutions catering specifically to the needs of low income clients. Their services include savings, health, and funeral insurance. Moreover, MMI offers health, funeral and hospital insurance as well as cash-back cover, life insurance and retirement solutions.
MMI’s Correspondence Management Graduate Intern
The company’s graduate internship programme aims to assist university graduates get ready for the workplace. Second, the programme strives to increase employment opportunities specifically in the insurance industry and Medical Aid Administration.
As a participant of the programme, you are expected to:
- Conduct yourself as an MMI Holding employee according to company values
- Show willingness to learn corporate values and technicalities
- Attend classroom activities, practical on-the-job training and perform functions as prescribed by the learnership
- Acquire useful knowledge about company products , procedures and policies to be successful in the program
- Collect Portfolio of Evidence to submit to SETA
- Achieve required level in all summative and formative assessments
- Exhibit commitment to deployed in the medical scheme industry
- Demonstrate skills and familiarity in operating company systems
- Exhibit awareness and understanding of the organization’s operational processes
Upon successful completion of the program, you may be given the task of carrying out the company’s procedures in for receipt, systematic dispatch, disposition, filing, storage, and retrieval of communication records of any of the following business units of MMI listed below:
- Information Technology
- Client Services
- Human Capital
Requirements or Eligibility
For MMI to consider you as a candidate for the program, the below minimum requirements must be met:
- Finished Grade 12 (with certificate)
- Has acquired relevant National Diploma
- Must have a degree in Business Analysis or Data Analysis
- Must have a degree in Information Systems or Information Technology
- Can thrive under pressure while staying being client-centric
- Able to access and utilize information
- Good communication skills
- Creative, innovative and can resolve problems either with a team or individually
- Results oriented, organized with a keen eye for details
- High accuracy level
If you meet MMI’s minimum requirements for the position, proceed to their website and register your name. From there, you will be able to browse for other career opportunities at MMI. To get to their registration page, kindly click here.
Eligible candidates will be contacted to undergo a series of statutory checks such as Qualification, ITC, Psychometric Assessment and Reference.
If in case you do not receive a communication from us within four weeks after the post has been closed, this means you did not meet the minimum criteria.
Only applications done online will be accepted.
Opening and Closing Dates
Applications are accepted all year round depending on MMI’s requirements.