About Ministry of Commerce
Founded in March 2003, the Ministry of Commerce is located in Beijing, China. It was derived from the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Co-operation. They are responsible for the foreign relationships and economic trades of the Republic of China.
They formulate and implement schemes to improve the relationships with foreign nations and develop the economy of the country on a global level.
MOFCOM Scholarship – CSC Programme 2022
In order to strengthen their global relationships, the Ministry of Commerce of the Republic of China is offering opportunities for professional employees and high-level officials to study for a Master’s or Doctoral level degree. The purpose is to identify and nurture talents.
The scholarship covers the following:
- Cost of tuition.
- Cost of research and surveys.
- Cost of dissertation guidance
- Cost of resettlement
- 3000 RMB (R7 288 per master student)
- 3000 RMB (R7 288) per PhD student)
- Cost of campus accommodation
- Medical benefits.
- Cost of international travel (one time)
Who should apply?
Candidates must check if they satisfy the eligibility criteria before they move forward with the application process. There should be no exceptions else the application will be rejected.
- The candidate must hold citizenship of a developing nation (not the People’s Republic of China).
- The maximum eligible age of the candidate is 45 years old.
- The candidate must be physically and mentally sound.
- The candidate must not have any cardiovascular or cerebrovascular disease, comorbidities like high blood pressure and diabetes, chronic diseases like cancer, severe disability and any contagious disease.
- The candidate must have a minimum of three years of work experience.
- Candidates wishing to apply for a Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s qualification.
- Candidates wishing to apply for Doctoral Programme must have a Master’s qualification.
- The candidate must be a
- Middle or senior-level administrator of an acad institution.
- Middle or senior-level government official.
- The candidate must have good English language skills.
- The candidate must not be pregnant.
- Candidates who are studying in China and have been awarded any other scholarship will not be accepted.
- The candidate must show potential skills in the chosen field and must have goals that can improve the relationship between China and South Africa.
The candidates selected will get the additional information at their host universities upon admission since the immigration policies are uncertain at this point if time.
How do I apply?
Once the eligibility criteria are ensured without any exceptions, candidates can move forward with the application following the steps given below:
- Register for an account at the online portal of the Chinese Scholarship Council under Scholarship Application for students. Click here for the account registration.
- Click on the Chinese Government Scholarship and provide the necessary information in the application form.
- Edit the information and then save it after verifying.
- Choose the programme category and provide the agency number.
- Upload the required documents and submit them.
- You must make sure that all the information is correct before submitting
- If you wish to make a change, click on the withdraw option and do the changes. Make sure you submit the updated application form.
- Take out the print of the application form and send it to the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET).
- The form, documents and a letter of recommendation is to be sent via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are certain documents that need to be submitted along with the application form. None of the mentioned documents should be missing or it will lead to rejection of the application.
- A two-inch photograph and signature. It should be uploaded as well as printed.
- Certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts.
- Curriculum Vitae with all academic and professional backgrounds.
- A well-devised plan for study and a research proposal.
- Certified copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
- Certificates validating English Language skills.
- Personal information page of the passport.
- Certificate of police clearance.
- Recommendation letters (two) from professors or employers. Contact information of the referees must be mentioned in the letter.
The documents must be submitted in PDF format.
The applications will be closed on 9 May 2022. Interested candidates must complete the application process before the deadline.
If the candidate has any queries, they can contact the Embassy of the people’s Republic of China in South Africa.
Contact person: Mrs Zhang Qing
Secretary Economic & Commercial’s
Email at email@example.com
Telephone: +27-0-12 4313070