Momentum Metropolitan Risk is calling on eligible candidates to apply for its Legal Internship intake for 2022. If interested, be sure you check the minimum eligibility criteria and competency requirements of the role before applying.
About Momentum Metropolitan
Momentum Metropolitan Holdings Limited is a South Africa-based financial service group created with the Momentum Group and Metropolitan Holdings merger in December 2010. The merger made the company the third-largest life insurer group in South Africa. The financial solutions of Momentum Metropolitan Holding Limited are trusted widely across the core market of Africa and embraced in the rest of the world, too. The company offers long-term and short-term insurance, investment and savings, asset management services, health risk management, healthcare administration, and wellness and reward programs to the residents of 12 African countries.
Momentum Metropolitan Legal Internship 2022
Based in Centurion, Gauteng, the role’s primary responsibility is to provide support to the Momentum Investment’s Retail Division by providing legal advice and insight, product development ideas, and affiliated legal services as applied to long-term insurance, retirement funds, governance, investments, and other general legal concepts.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide support with legal functions applicable to retail products as well as retirement fund management
- Keep updated on legislative developments
- Analyze, interpret, and implement relevant laws with the Compliance team
- Conduct legal research on prevailing issues that impact MML
- Compose responses to disputes
- Provide legal updates on industry-related topics
- Manage issues regarding general corporate governance
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy the minimum eligibility standards and competency/skills requirements to qualify for consideration.
- Holds an LLB qualification
- Preferably an admitted attorney
- Genuine interest in the financial services sector, particularly retirement, long-term insurance, and other relevant products
- Capable of thinking and operating independently and laterally
- A proactive self-starter with sound time management skills
- Assertive with a good business acumen
- Trustworthy and professional
- Accountable and responsible
How do I apply?
To apply, eligible applicants need to register their profile on the Company’s recruitment page. Click on the link below to get started:
The deadline for submission of applications is on 26 April 2022.
For enquiries, contact Momentum Metropolitan directly at:
Tel. no: (012) 671 8911
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the Momentum Metropolitan Legal Internship 2022 advert page.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available.