mothers2mothers, an African NGO working to fight paediatric HIV, is calling on qualified individuals to send in their application and qualify for its Finance Internship Programme.
Established in 2001 in Cape Town, mothers2mothers is an organization that aims to eliminate paediatric AIDS and promote healthy families in the sub-Saharan region. The organization employs, trains and helps equip women living with HIV to function as community healthcare workers helping understaffed health centers and underprivileged communities.
Using peer-to-peer approach, these “Mentor Mothers” provide support, advice and health services to women and their families. In an effort to broaden its reach, m2m teams up with other NGOs and government entities on adopting and spreading its Mother Mentor Model. m2m has now reached 11 million women and children under the age of two. Moreover, m2m has generated over 10,000 jobs employing African women with HIV.
mothers2mothers Financial Internship Programme
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Finance Manager and will be working with the Finance Team based in Cape Town.
The key duties and responsibilities of the Finance Intern are as follows:
- Perform financial administration tasks in support of the Finance General Accounting division
- Provide assistance with customer and supplier management
- Check accuracy and completeness of purchase requisitions
- Work closely with finance officers in managing country trial maintenance
- Help prepare year-end audit schedule and manage filing system
- Participate in end-of-month closing process
- Provide assistance with processing purchase orders and requisitions for the General Accounting department
- Support general ledger reconciliation as needed
- Facilitate ad hoc general accounting projects as needed
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must meet at least these prescribed basic requirements:
- Recently completed a degree or postgraduate education (or any relevant field of study) with General Accounting or Finance specialization or any
- Must know how to use Microsoft Office applications
- Fluent in using the English language
- Good interpersonal skills
- Professional and ethical in handling confidential matters at work
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Independent – able to work with minimal supervision
- Proactive with a high sense of initiative
- Passionate about the vision and values of the organization
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum requirements of the programme and would like to push through with the application, set up a profile on the m2m careers portal to get started.
Click here to access the online application form.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 31 October 2019. The link to the online application may no longer be available by this time or if the position had been filled.
For further questions about the programme, contact m2m directly at:
Tel: (0) 21 466 9160
View the internship advert by clicking here.