Mainstream Renewable Power is calling on suitable candidates to apply for its Project Officer Internship 2023 intake in Cape Town. Be sure to go over the minimum eligibility criteria and competency requirements of the role if you intend to apply.
About Mainstream Renewable Power
Mainstream Renewable Power is a renewable energy company specializing in developing and providing onshore and offshore solar and wind projects. The company designs, builds and operates wind farms and has done so for big-name companies like Ikea. Moreover, MRP also works with multinational companies towards offsetting carbon emissions, limiting and stabilizing energy costs and delivering energy security.
As of 2021, Mainstream has more than 500 staff members under its employ working on renewable energy procurement projects in 11 countries.
Mainstream Renewable Power Project Officer Internship 2023
As part of the Mainstream Renewable Power Project Officer Internship 2023 intake, the successful candidate will be joining the Loeriesfontein Wind Farm project performing various administrative support functions for the Project Officer and the Economic Development Manager. The incumbent will also be given an opportunity to develop expertise in community engagement through the Project Officer.
The MRP Project Officer Internship 2023 role is open at the following locations namely:
- Loeriesfontein Wind Farm (Loeriesfontein, Northern Cape)
- Kangnas Wind Farm (Nama Choi, Northern Cpe)
- Perdekrall Wind Farm (Witzenberg, Western Cape)
Key duties and responsibilities
- Serve as a first line of contact for the company project during its operational phase
- Furnish information to the Public Relations group regarding all newsletter and article information
- Arrange for radio interviews
- Provide assistance with distribution of project information, reports, and newsletters
- Assist the Economic Development team with project implementation
- Assist the Project Officer with administering the grievance mechanism on-site
- Develop strong relations with relevant local stakeholders, partners, communities, authorities, businesses, local media, and local government
- Build and sustain strong working relations with all team members for a healthy working environment
- Help in facilitating focused group sessions, community meetings, and stakeholder interviews
- Provide assistance to the Project Officer inputting together Annexure B reports regarding relevant EnD and SED projects
- Work regularly with service providers and beneficiaries to acquire relevant information on initiatives and keep track of its impact
- Receive and record community project proposals for the Project Officer when needed
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Holds an N6 Management Assistant or Business Management qualification
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills
- Works well with people
- Able to travel when needed
- Genuine interest in working with, and in communities
- Knowledge of the area is a definite advantage
- Must have no political affiliations
- Adaptable, with strong interpersonal skills; able to interact with people from different levels
- Must have some exposure or theoretical knowledge in coordinating small projects
- Knowledgeable with MS productivity tools such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Fluent in both Afrikaans and English
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to complete an application form on MPR’s job application page. Click/tap the link of your preferred location below to get started:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
If you wish to get in touch with MRP South Africa, call +27 (0)21 657 4040.
Please refrain from making any queries if the Mainstream Renewable Power Project Officer Internship 2023 intake is no longer available. Alternatively, you may view our other graduate programme and internship listings currently accepting applications.