The Depertment of Economic Development and Tourism office of the Mpumalanga provincial government is calling on qualified individuals to apply for its multi-discipline Internship Programmes for its 2021 intake. Be sure to go over the minimum qualification requirements before submitting an application.
Mpumalanga Province DEDT Internships
The office of the Department of Economic Development and Tourism at the Mpumalanga province is looking for unemployed graduates who would like to acquire essential work experience in their respective field of specialization. The internship opportunities are also made possible by the National Skills Development Strategy and the National Human Resource Development Strategy with the aim of closing the gap between theoretical and practical knowledge.
Here is a list of accepted qualifications:
- National diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Financial Management, or Supply Chain Management
- B Tech or National Diploma in Internal Auditing, or BCom degree in Accounting
- LLB degree
- BCom in Risk Management
- BCom in Economics
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics , or Statistics
- Degree or diploma in Tourism Management/Development
As part of this 24-month internship programme, successful applicants will be fielded in various DEDT regional offices in Mpumalanga and will be assuming posts based on their qualification. In addition, successful interns are eligible to receive a monthly stipend for the duration of the internship.
Who should apply?
Applicants must satisfy the below minimum eligibility requirements for their applications to be accepted for review:
- Holds a SAQA-recognized three-year tertiary degree in any of the fields mentioned above
- A South African citizen between the age of 18 and 35
- Currently unemployed and with permanent residency status in the Mpumalanga Province
- Applicants coming from designated groups will be given preference
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants who wish to apply for the internship will need to email the following credentials in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Comprehensive CV
- Certified original copies of qualifications
- Identity document
- Proof of residence (issued within the last 60 days)
All applications must be in by 12 November 2021. Late or incomplete applications are unacceptable.
For enquiries, get in touch with:
Mr VS Hlatshwayo
Tel: (013) 766 4164
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Mpumalanga DEDT Internships 2021-2022