Popular retail chain, Mr. Price, is calling on organized and creative individuals to submit their application and qualify for its Buyer Training Programme for its Home, Apparel and Sports retailers. Find out if you qualify to submit an application by checking the programme’s minimum eligibility requirements.
Established in 1985, Mr. Price is popular for putting important focus on product value. This retail company offers various apparel, sportswear and homeware, all sold through its franchised and owned stores located in 14 countries, most of which are in Africa. In addition, Mr. Price runs an online store to serve customers around the world.
In 2005, Mr. Price founded the MRP Foundation. It serves as a non-profit organization that works to develop the potential of young South Africans and empower them accordingly. This is achieved with the help of a number of its education and skills development projects.
Mr. Price Buyer Training Programme 2021
As a Buyer Trainee, the successful candidate’s primary responsibility is gain comprehensive knowledge of the merchant process develop the right skill set for managing a designated portfolio.
The key duties and responsibilities of the Buyer Trainee are as follows:
- Apply acquired skills and knowledge by demonstrating awareness of factors affecting the store’s performance in the current trade, and manage risks and opportunities
- Manage department samples from Fits through samples from pre-production, or PPPs, to ensure accuracy of records
- Learn how to develop assortment strategy and seasonal strategy
- Make sure buying path is complied with by accurately capturing orders on the system
Who should apply?
In order to qualify, applicants need to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must hold a national diploma or degree in Interior design, fashion or textile design or Consumer Science
- Preferably with 12 months textile or clothing or textile manufacturing
- Must have a good eye for fashion
- Eager to learn
How do I apply?
Qualified applicants who wish to submit their application will need to fill out the online application form on the company’s recruitment page. Click here to get started.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
Click here to find out how it is to work at Mr. Price.
Click on the link to view a PDF file of the Mr. Price Buyer Training Programme 2021 advert.