Popular retail chain, Mr. Price, is calling on suitable individuals to submit their application and qualify for its Planner Training Programme for its Home, Apparel and Sports retailers. Find out if you qualify to submit an application by checking the programme’s minimum eligibility requirements.
Established in 1985, Mr. Price is popular for putting important focus on product value. This retail company offers various apparel, sportswear and homeware, all sold through its franchised and owned stores located in 14 countries, most of which are in Africa. In addition, Mr. Price runs an online store to serve customers around the world.
In 2005, Mr. Price founded the MRP Foundation. It serves as a non-profit organization that works to develop the potential of young South Africans and empower them accordingly. This is achieved with the help of a number of its education and skills development projects.
Mr. Price Planner Training Programme
The goal of the Planner Training Programme is to produce effective and fully equipped Retail Merchandise Planners. The main responsibility of the successful candidate is to make sure the company invests on the right products for the right price, allocated to the appropriate store at the best time possible.
Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acquire a comprehensive understanding of various merchant processes related to merchandise planning
- Develop accurate sales forecasts (under supervision) to control best stock levels
- Determine risk and areas of opportunity affecting the current performance of sales forecasts and planned stock; create individual portfolio actions to correct plans to maintain forecasted route
- Create and present proposals using product performance data, industry best practices, market research and innovation
- Collect and analyze reports to come up with insights and notes for daily operations as well as for merchandise review processes
- Perform various admin tasks
Who should apply?
- Must hold a diploma or degree in Supply Chain and Logistics, Finance, Retail Business Management, Business Science, Economics or Statistics
- Basic skill level in Microsoft Excel
- Eager to learn with a sharp eye for detail
- Excellent skills with numbers, analytical thinking and problem-solving
How do I apply?
Click on the link to access MRP’s recruitment page and fill out the online application form.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
Click here to find out how it is to work at Mr. Price.
Click on the link to view a PDF file of the Mr. Price Planner Training Programme 2021 advert.