The MRP Graduate Career Programme is offered by Mr. Price, a widely known retail company based in South Africa. Established in 1985, Mr. Price is popular for putting important focus on product value. This retail company offers various apparel, sportswear and homeware, all sold through its franchised and owned stores located in 14 countries, most of which are in Africa. In addition, Mr. Price runs an online store to service customers around the world.
In 2005, Mr. Price founded the MRP Foundation. It serves as a non-profit organization that works to develop the potential of young South Africans and empower them accordingly. This is achieved with the help of a number of its education and skills development projects.
Mr Price Retail Graduate Programme 2019
MRP designed and packaged a number of highly specialized development programmes. These graduate programmes allow chosen candidates to acquire knowledge about essential functions in the organization such as Merchandise Buying, Store Management, Store Management and IT.
The duration of the MRP Graduate Programmes vary. However, the majority of the programmes usually run for twelve to eighteen months. In addition to on-the-job training, the raduate programmes include formal classroom sessions and online learning courses.
The MRP Programme is currently offering the following programmes:
- DC Industrial Engineering Graduate Programme – Hammersdale
- Buyers Assistant – Durban
- Trainee Location Planner – Durban
The MPR Graduate Programmes are specifically designed to identify promising fresh graduates to become part of the company. Successful candidates will be offered full time employment at the end of the programme.
Requirements or Eligibility
Applicants for the DC Industrial Engineering Programme must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Recently obtained a degree in Industrial Engineering
- Able to meet deadlines in a high pressure and fast paced work environment
- Keen eye for detail
- Can keep up with a constantly changing work environment
- Ready to come up with fresh ideas and best practices
Buyer’s Assistant Trainee Programme
- Completed Grade 12
- Possesses a related diploma or degree in Fashion Design, Interior Design, Textile, Retail Business Management, Consumer Science
- Knowledgeable in MS Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent communicator
- Very organized
Trainee Planner Graduate Programme
- Completed a BCom diploma or degree in Supply Chain and Logistics, Economics, Retail Business Management, Finance or any allied fields
- One or two years experience as an Allocation or relevant function, an advantage but not a requirement
- Some experience in retail, an advantage, but not a requirement
Trainee Location Planner
- Completed a degree/diploma in Maths, Commerce, Statistics or relevant experience
- 2 to 5 years experience in location planning, allocation, merchandise planning, or international planning, a definite edge
- Knowledgeable in MS Office applications
- Solid consultative and interpersonal skills
- Highly logical and methodical
- Results oriented, highly motivated and thrives under pressure
- Highly analytical and conceptual with good analytical and problem solving skills
How to Apply
Qualified individuals interested in joining the MRP Graduate Programmes will need to create an account in the company’s recruitment portal to be able to apply. Click here and choose the position you wish to apply for.
Opening and Closing Dates
The application window for the graduate programmes posted here will end by 29 March 2019.
All other further enquiries and questions must be emailed to: email@example.com
Hit the link below to know more about MRP: