Merck Sharp and Dohme, or MSD, is inviting qualified individuals to submit their application and qualify for its Data Science Graduate Programme 2021 intake. Be sure to go over the programme’s minimum requirements and role responsibilities to see if it’s a good fit.
US-based global pharmaceutical company, MSD, is one of the largest of its kind in the world. It ranks seventh in terms of revenue and market capitalization. In 2018, it made the 78th spot in Fortune 500’s list of American corporations in terms of total revenue.
MSD Data Science Graduate Programme 2021
The successful candidate will be based in any division including Market Access, IT, Digital, Legal, Clinical Research, Quality Assurance or Data Science depending on their career choice. As Data Science graduates, successful applicants will gain access to a number of the brightest mind in the business, acquiring new and valuable skills as well as taking part in high deliverable projects.
The key duties and responsibilities of the Data Science graduate are as follows:
- Provide assistance with data governance and data stewardship
- Helps in the efficient creation and management of large information systems
- Provide support in defining and managing data standards as well as access rules
- Collect relevant data from data information in support of organizational decision making
- Give strategic commentary regarding the information provided
- Help out in forming data strategy – function as first line of contact for domain data sets
- Promote data stewardship working towards enabling data
- Determine new stakeholder data needs
- Collaborate with IT designers in delivering descriptive reports and visualizations
- Provide ideas to inform competitor analysis/sales trends and marketing execution
Who should apply?
Only applications from candidates who meet the minimum eligibility requirements will be considered:
- Holds an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in Information Management or Data Sciences
- Work experience in Data Science is an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Exceptional skills in data navigation
- Proficient in visualization production
- Solid planning and organizational skills
- Effective presentation, and communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sharp business acumen
- Encourages collaboration
- Results-driven, creative and highly innovative
How do I apply?
Click the link to register an account on the company’s online recruitment platform to apply.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set of this posting.
For more information, contact MSD South Africa by calling +27-11-655-3000.
- Where will it take place?
Successful applicants will be based in MSD South Africa’s facilities in Midrand.
- How long will it take to complete?
The graduate programme runs for a period of two (2) years.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the MSD Data Science Graduate Programme 2021 advert.