Merck Sharp and Dohme, or MSD, is inviting suitable individuals to submit an application and qualify for its Communications Graduate Programme intake for 2022 at its Midrand offices in Gauteng. Before applying, be sure to go over the programme’s minimum requirements and role responsibilities to see if it’s a good fit.
A US-based global pharmaceutical company, MSD is one of the largest of its kind in the world. It ranks seventh in terms of revenue and market capitalization. In 2018, it made the 78th spot in Fortune 500’s list of American corporations in terms of total revenue.
MSD SA Communications Graduate Programme 2022
The successful candidate will be part of a 24-month graduate programme will be working in various divisions based on his/her completed qualification. During this graduate programme, the successful candidate will gain essential skills working on highly deliverable projects:
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide assistance in developing and administering organizational communication strategies e.g. digital communication campaigns ensuring specific targeted communications as well as internal campaigns
- Provide support with the execution of external and internal communication plans across business unites
- Maximize and maintain all internal communication opportunities e.g. electronic media and newsletters
- Lead or provide support communication projects
- Upload and drive content approval process, particularly for departmental events
- Provide support with the department’s knowledge management by ensuring proper paperwork and document control
- Work closely with other teams e.g. compliance, sales, or medical, in developing and monitoring strategic communication initiatives
- Assess and create reports on the efficiency and performance of campaigns
- Develop marketing materials for social media platforms
- Ensure effective management of daily administrative tasks
- Work with content and marketing design teams in creating print and digital advertising materials
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Holds a degree in Marketing, Communications, or any relevant qualification
- A postgraduate degree is a big advantage
Note that the above is a general description of the nature of work attributed to the role and may not list all the duties, responsibilities, and requisite skills of the position.
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to register their profile on MSD’s recruitment portal to be able to apply. Click the link to get started:
Reference no: R208629
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For more information, contact MSD South Africa by calling +27-11-655-3000.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the MSD SA Communications Graduate Programme 2022 advert page.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available. Alternatively, you may view our other graduate programme and internship listings that are currently accepting applications.