Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF), or Doctors Without Borders is calling on qualified graduates to send in their application for its Digital Data Internship Programme for 2020.
Doctors Without Borders is an international and independent medical organization providing humanitarian aid to people impacted by:
- Armed conflict
- Healthcare exclusion
- Man-made and natural disasters
Assistance provided by MSF is based solely on need without regard to religion, race, political affiliation and gender.
Established in 1971 by a group of doctors and journalists, MSF now operates in over 60 countries with thousands of volunteer doctors, logisticians, nurses, water and sanitation experts, and other medical and non-medical personnel. These professionals work together to deliver key health services to people suffering in times of humanitarian crises.
Doctors Without Borders (MSF) – HR Internship Programme
Reporting to the HR Director/Officer, the successful candidate’s primary purpose is to provide HR and administrative support to the Human Resources team. Moreover, the HR intern will perform other relevant duties and responsibilities as needed, and these are as follows:
- Update employee records with information from new hires (e.g. employment forms, contact details, etc)
- Collect payroll data
- Screen submitted application forms and resumes
- Plot interview schedules and inform applicants accordingly
- Manage jobs on Bamboo (e.g. posting, updating, removal)
- Help in preparing HR reports when needed
- Respond accurately to employee queries regarding benefits in a timely manner
- Provide assistance in establishing coordinating MSF’s HR policies and procedures
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must be able to satisfy at least the minimum eligibility requirements to be considered for the internship opportunity:
- Must hold a degree in Industrial Psychology or any tertiary qualification related to Human Resources
- Solid computer proficiency, particularly in MS Excel and Word
- High sense of integrity and highly capable of working within a team of professionals
- Demonstrated ability to handle challenging workloads
- Sensitive and able to thrive in a culturally diverse work environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Trustworthy and extremely capable of handling highly confidential information
How do I apply?
Candidates able to satisfy the minimum eligibility requirements can apply for this internship offer by visiting the organization’s website and accomplishing the online application form. Click here to access the online application.
Make sure to upload a copy of your CV and letter of motivation.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 13 January 2020. Keep in mind that the application page may no longer be accessible by that time.
Need more information about this internship programme? Call MSF directly in their Johannesburg offices at Tel: +27 (0) 11 403 4440/4401/4402
Click here to view the MSF-Human Internship Programme 2020 advert
- How long will it take to complete the MSF Human Resources Internship programme?
The internship will run for a duration of 12 months.
- Where is the location of the internship?
The internship will be held at MSF’s Johannesburg offices.