Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF), or Doctors Without Borders is calling on qualified and interested graduates to send in their application and possibly qualify for its Donor Care Internship Programme for 2020.
Doctors Without Borders is an international and independent medical organization providing humanitarian aid to people impacted by:
- armed conflict
- healthcare exclusion
- man-made and natural disasters
Assistance provided by MSF is based solely on need without regard to religion, race, political affiliation and gender.
Established in 1971 by a group of doctors and journalists, MSF now operates in over 60 countries with thousands of volunteer doctors, logisticians, nurses, water and sanitation experts, and other medical and non-medical personnel. These professionals work together to deliver key health services to people suffering in times of humanitarian crises.
MSF Donor Care Internship Programme
The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the Retentions Manager and working closely with the Donor Retention Officers. As a Donor Care Intern, the incumbent will be tasked with establishing contact to donors, managing customer service matters, donor queries and donation cross-sell and query requests.
The duties and responsibilities of the Donor Care Intern will include the following:
- Provide quality inbound and outbound care to donors sent online and offline channels
- Accurately capture and record donor care queries, information and requests on the CRM
- Update files (both digital and paper) from MSF SA fundraising activities
- Implement and follow Relationship Cycle for Pre-active and Active Regular and Occasional Donors
- Develop KPIs of loyalty and retention programmes with the Donor Care Team
Who should apply?
To be considered for the internship, applicants must be able to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations and other relevant fields of study
- Skilled in using MS Office applications such as Excel and Word as well as operational knowledge of various search methods for researching donors
- Efficient organizational skills and knows how to prioritize tasks and deliver results during deadlines and strict requirements
- Outstanding skills in verbal and written communication
- Eager to learn new skills in managing and coordinating Donorrelationships
- Intense interest in humanitarian causes
- Strong work ethics
- Keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated creativity, proactive and self-motivation
How do I apply?
Interested parties who meet the initial minimum requirements will need to access MSF’s online recruitment portal to register an account and fill out the application form. Click here to get started.
The deadline for the submission of applications is on 20 January 2020.
For further enquiries about the internship, get in touch directly with MSF at:
Tel: +27 (0) 11 403 4440/1/2
All CVs or applications sent to the above email address will not be accepted.
Click the link to view the MSF Donor Care Internship Programme 2020 advert.