Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF), or Doctors Without Borders is calling the attention qualified and interested graduates to submit an application and possibly qualify for its Privacy & Management Internship Programme for 2020.
Doctors Without Borders is an international and independent medical organization providing humanitarian aid to people impacted by:
- armed conflict
- healthcare exclusion
- man-made and natural disasters
Assistance provided by MSF is based solely on need without regard to religion, race, political affiliation and gender.
Established in 1971 by a group of doctors and journalists, MSF now operates in over 60 countries with thousands of volunteer doctors, logisticians, nurses, water and sanitation experts, and other medical and non-medical personnel. These professionals work together to deliver key health services to people suffering in times of humanitarian crises.
MSF Privacy & Knowledge Management Internship Programme
The successful candidate will be supporting MSF South Africa’s General Direction group performing the following main tasks:
- Assist the Privacy Officer in enforcing changes in the organizational culture related to privacy as well as promoting the company’s standards and adherence to personal data protection (e.g. GDPR, POPIA)
- Improve MSF South Africa’s knowledge management efforts to ingrain into the staff’s day to day operations
The duties and responsibilities of the successful intern are as follows:
- Support capacity and education building in relation to the essential role of privacy and data protection humanitarian and development contexts by assisting in the organization of seminars, events or other activities that promote MSF’s advocacy
- Communicate data protection documentation to SA staff via monthly internal newsletters
- Participate brainstorming, take down notes during meetings
- Organize archiving process and make it readily available to the staff
- Assist KIT and KM manager in developing trainings, meetings and workshops
- Organize KM working groups and other internal group meetings
- Record and archive technical publications, research reports, evaluations as well as internal knowledge products
- Assist in managing communication channels used in disseminating internal communications and knowledge exchange
Who should apply?
Check the minimum requirements to see if you are eligible to apply for the internship post:
- Currently pursuing a degree in
- International Development
- Library Science
- Knowledge Management or any related studies
- Familiar with data privacy and protection laws e.g. GDPR and POPIA
- Any previous work experience with, attended classes, training, seminars or courses on data protection and data privacy
- Excellent legal administration, research, writing and reporting skills
- Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Preferably familiar and knowledgeable with issues relevant to digital/data privacy as well as the humanitarian sector
- Preferably with knowledgeable in data security protocols, technical experience and other relevant concepts
- Any other legal or technical training or certification in data protection and privacy or big data analytics is preferred
- Intellectually curious
- Preferably with experience in SharePoint
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum qualifications and would like to submit an application, click the link to access the MSF careers page.
MSF SA reserves the right to discontinue running the advert or recruitment process at any time for any reason it may deem necessary.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
For further enquiries about the internship, get in touch directly with MSF at:
Tel: +27 (0) 11 403 4440/1/2
All CVs or applications sent to the above email address will not be accepted.