Munich Reinsurance, a leading global reinsurance company, is calling on recent LLB graduates who are interested in sending an application and possibly qualifying for its Legal Graduate Programme the 2020 financial year.
The Munich Reinsurance Company of South Africa is a leading international reinsurance firm with a global footprint spanning 50 countries and with a workforce of over 11,000 employees. In South Africa, Munich Re has been in operation for more than 50 years, although the company has been operating in the continent a few years prior to Munich Re of Africa, or MRoA.
Munich Re Legal Graduate Trainee 2020
As a Legal Graduate Trainee, the successful candidate can look forward to becoming part of MRoA’s Legal and Compliance team and performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to the Head of Legal and Compliance by performing tasks such as
- Answering queries
- Conducting research and planning
- Attending meetings
- Ensuring implementation of policies, guidelines and directives
- Provide assistance to the Legal and Compliance team in planning activities such as training and projects
Legal Graduate trainees are entitled to the following:
- Professional working environment
- Opportunities for further learning and development
- Competitive salary
- Good work/life balance
Who should apply?
Only applicants who meet the following minimum entry requirements are eligible to apply:
- Holds an LLB degree
- Must have an outstanding academic record with a GPA of at least 65%
- Those who have practiced law have a definite advantage
- Those with a financial services background also possess an advantage
- High sense of commitment, passionate and driven
- Possesses a keen attention to detail
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office applications e.g. Word, MS Office 365
How do I apply?
Applicants who meet the initial requirements and would like to qualify for the internship will need to access Munich RE SA’s recruitment platform by clicking here
Make sure to ready your comprehensive CV and academic transcripts for uploading during the application process.
The deadline for the submission of applications is on 31 August 2020. Consider the application as unsuccessful if no feedback is received within three (3) weeks prior to the deadline.
For enquiries about, send an email to email@example.com. DD NOT SEND applications to this email address,
Click here to view a PDF copy of the Munich RE Legal Graduate Programme 2020 advert.
- Where will the training programme take place?
Successful candidates will be part of the Legal and Compliance team in Munich RE South Africa’s Johannesburg offices.
- How long will it take to complete the training programme?
This training programme will run for a duration of 12 months.